NFS and SMB, Neither work well!

All my folders are double. I used to have Tv Shows, Movies, Films and Anime, Now I have Tv Shows (2),. Movies (2), Films (2) and Anime (2) in my list as well.
Has to be removed when doing the link exchange.

Just add the entire mnt as a folder? or add it twice? Once for movies that fail to get added and once for TV shows that fail to get added? Or just add it once with no scraper selected and try and move it to the library by hand?

I’m just going to copy and paste it then and let you know how it turned out, I hope I won’t have any problem but look at the length of the topic haha.

Just add it once with Set Content none so that you can find your files that are not scraped in your library.

Not sure where you have “folders are double” as you haven’t add them as sources so far.

Well as I wrote best would be to forget your old library and sources and start fresh with a shared database but that’s up to you. While you haven’t shared grab-logs -A so we still don’t know your sources setup.

My sources setup are: Go to Add video, NFS, server, folder, OK.
That’s it. I didn’t do anything special I used it as noobish as absolutely possible lol.
I don’t even need to grab logs for that, it’s just the default kodi browser I used xD

As for double directories, that has the same source. I used the kodi browser to add “Movies” so now it adds “Movies” again but it’s already there so it turns into “Movies (2)”
That’s why I need to rename all nfs from Movies, and all from films etc. to all mounted Movies and films etc.

You shouldn’t have done that if you don’t want to redo your Library! We would have used substitution.
Now you have a big mess.

I tried to tell you how my system was build, I have no idea how OSMC works, I don’t work on it and I have very limited skills in it. Now I have this, I can delete the things but this is what I got!

I’ll wait with my Vero’s because those are most important, same setup haha.

Might be able to recover. Context menu over “Movies (2)”, change content, set type as none, click OK, when asked say yes to remove items from library. Check to see if the dupes in the library are now gone. If you want to do a path sub it would be most advantageous if we could see your sources.xml file so we don’t have to guess how your library is setup.

I didn’t scan them to library yet :wink: I knew that would end up hitting me in the head at the end so I set all the things I add to “exclude from scanning”. I just need to replace Films with Films (2) and Anime with Anime (2) (i think. and I hope).

If you do that you completely hose yourself. Either dump your library and start over, or leave your sources alone and do a path sub.

I want to sub my path, there is the exact same content in Anime as there is in Anime (2) for example, the only difference is that I used the kodi browser to create Anime and had fzinken help me create Anime (2), the same thing goes for movies and series.

Because I have so many shows that aren’t indexed properly by tvdb or anything else I’d rather replace the location (like moving a link) than rescan because I will have to manually add about 500 items per box so that’s about 2000 items hehe :stuck_out_tongue:

I have read through this thread and I understand where you are at and what you want. If you find the howto I wrote (that was linked to twice above) too difficult to follow and want help with what needs to go in your advancedsettings.xml you can give me a log so I can see exactly what needs to be substituted.

And BTW tvdb has all the info on the Smurfs. If you renamed the folder to include the year or added a parsing nfo i’m sure all episodes would automagicly scrape.

Just tell me which of them I need to use, it’s NFS to… nfs? I can PM you if that helps.

And nooo they don’t have all the extra’s of the smurfs on tvdb haha, not even the first season is labeled correctly because that had like 60 episodes which they split up into two seasons but doesn’t fit the dvd’s.
But that was just an example haha. Pokemon is another good one :stuck_out_tongue:

Just pm me a link to full logs if this is still an issue for you. Same as you had done before.

You either rename your files to match season order or else change the scraper settings for that folder to dvd order. Lets drop this issue for now as it is off topic and should be taken up in a dedicated thread if you wanted to get that sorted.

The first thing your going to want to do is remove all the new sources with the (2) and leave your original sources exactly as they were. On your other boxes you will also leave your sources exactly as they are. When you use path subs to point an existing library over to a system mount it is critically important that the sources are NOT updated or duplicated. Once you have your sources back to where they originally were then the advancedsetting.xml file (assuming your not using one currently) should look like this…

<advancedsettings>
	<pathsubstitution>
		<substitute>
			<from>nfs://192.168.1.120/v/Movie/</from>
			<to>/mnt/Movie/</to>
		</substitute>
		<substitute>
			<from>nfs://192.168.1.120/t/Shows/</from>
			<to>/mnt/Shows/</to>
		</substitute>
		<substitute>
			<from>nfs://192.168.1.120/r/Anime/</from>
			<to>/mnt/Anime/</to>
		</substitute>
		<substitute>
			<from>nfs://192.168.1.120/Films/</from>
			<to>/mnt/Films/</to>
		</substitute>
	</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>
1 Like

Thank you Darwindesign.

Ok so I installed autofs and added this to my auto.nfs.shares config file

/mnt/Movie 192.168.1.120:/v/Movie
/mnt/Shows 192.168.1.120:/t/Shows
/mnt/Anime 192.168.1.120:/r/Anime
/mnt/Films 192.168.1.120:/Films

Is it me or am I just missing something or does this look incomplete?

Probably best to finish the first machine before duplicating to the others. Once you have the first working you should be able to just copy the same auto.master, auto.nfs.shares, and advancedsettings.xml file to the other machines after you install autofs on them.

You’re right about that :slight_smile:

Everything seems to work ok for now on the Pi, I’m moving on to the vero’s.

I added

but ls -lah /mnt/Movie gives me

ls -lah /mnt/Movie
ls: cannot access '/mnt/Movie': No such file or directory

What am I doing wrong?

Did you install autofs? Did you make sure you added the auto.nfs.shares? Did you restart autofs (or just reboot). Getting the other machines going would have the same instructions you followed above.

Yes
sudo apt-get install autofs
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
The following NEW packages will be installed:
autofs
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 411 kB of archives.
After this operation, 2047 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 Index of /debian stretch/main armhf autofs armhf 5.1.2-1 [411 kB]
Fetched 411 kB in 0s (460 kB/s)
Selecting previously unselected package autofs.
(Reading database … 25187 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack …/autofs_5.1.2-1_armhf.deb …
Unpacking autofs (5.1.2-1) …
Setting up autofs (5.1.2-1) …

Creating config file /etc/auto.master with new version

Creating config file /etc/auto.net with new version

Creating config file /etc/auto.misc with new version

Creating config file /etc/auto.smb with new version

Creating config file /etc/autofs.conf with new version

Creating config file /etc/default/autofs with new version
Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/autofs.service -> /lib/systemd/system/autofs.service.
update-rc.d: warning: start and stop actions are no longer supported; falling back to defaults
Processing triggers for systemd (232-25+deb9u12) ...

Yes

sudo nano /etc/auto.nfs.shares

mnt/Movie 192.168.1.120:/v/Movie

Yes rebooted 5 minutes ago.

However ls -lah /mnt/Movie does not work.

Hi,

is that a typo on discourse or in /etc/auto.nfs.shares, it should be:

Thanks Tom.