Nmbd - Multiple (2) responses received for a query on subnet 192.168.1.x for name HOME

How to fix this? I set both Pis ip ending .7 and .13 to workgroup HOME in /etc/samba/smb.conf
Didn’t changed anything else.

Have lines and lines of this error in Pi .13

Set 28 14:03:15 osmc2 nmbd[347]: STATUS=daemon ‘nmbd’ finished starting up and ready to serve connectionsquery_name_response: Multiple (2) responses received
Set 28 17:05:06 osmc2 nmbd[347]: query_name_response: Multiple (2) responses received for a query on subnet 192.168.1.13 for name HOME<1d>.
Set 28 17:05:06 osmc2 nmbd[347]: This response was from IP 192.168.1.7, reporting an IP address of 192.168.1.7.

Have you taken any steps to make sure the two have different identities?

1. /etc/hosts and /etc/hostname have osmc as a default
  2. you can declare a name for an installation in /etc/samba/smb.conf (or, rather the file version which carries the local version of parameters) as
netbios name = xxxx

Derek

No need to edit anything in samba - by default it will pick up the system hostname and use this, and it is generally logical for samba to advertise the same name as the system hostname.

So, edit both /etc/hostname and /etc/hosts, replace all instances of “osmc” with your hostname of choice then reboot. Now your different devices will have unique names on the network.

Thanks for the reply

Yes. One is OSMC and other is OSMC2 (both host and hostname)

But still tons os that messages

I read about adding

Interfaces = …
Bind interfaces only = yes

But didnt understand what add in “…”

If is for both pis or not

Can you clarify where the interfaces stuff was to be added - if it was in the SAMBA configuration, then it isn’t usually necessary, the exception being when you have more than one interface, and want to restrict the access.
Derek

in smb.conf.
I searched the internet about this error and some said to fix adding that