No addon installation from official repository

I bought a new Vero 4K+. Internet/network is via LAN.

I am brand new to Vero 4K+, OSMC, Kodi.

I have successfully made an update to 2023.01-01.

From the official repository I can not install any addon (eg Youtube), top right always appears “installation failed”.

There is no new update for official repository. A restart of Vero 4K+ did not help.

Can someone please help me? Thanks.

I’ve run upon this problem from time to time, what has helped me is to update ther repoistory. Just dont remember clearly how i didi it. So this is from my memory + guesses wehre the memory lacks:

Open Settings->Add-on browser->My addons->addon repository-
Here you move the “cursor” to Kodi repository, open contrext menu (three lines button on OSMC remote, C on a keyboard), then chose check for updates.

When that is done, restart kodi and you shoul be able to install depends automatically.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

1 Like

Great! It was. Thank you very much.

When I did it this way, “checking to updates” appeared at the top right, nothing further, no message whether update was successful. I tried several times. Nevertheless, I was then able to install the Youtube addon via the official repository. I did not have to restart Kodi.

Yesterday, when I was looking for an update for repository, I didn’t use the context menu button, but went to “Versions” at the bottom of the addon. And there came the message “No updates available”.

Then I searched for the installed Youtube. In my OSMC, there is no separate “Addons” section, as in the original Kodi. I then found Youtube under “Videos”.

Is it possible in OSMC to set up a separate section for all addons?

However, I can’t use Youtube now, I get the error message “Youtube access not configured”. But that is not the topic here.

Thank you for your answer.

If I have another similar problem, I know how to create an appropriate log.