No audio at all

I just finally unboxed my new Vero 4K+, and installed it.

I am running Kodi 17.6 wired ethernet connected to tv via HDMI Cable.

My problem is the video and tv streams play fine but there is no audio at all from my tv.

I also tried through my stereo and I get no audio as well?

Is there anything I can try ? or is my new unit defective?

I replaced an older no name box and audio was okay.

Thank You

What is the make/model of your TV? Check that you have the following in audio settings (Settings-System-Audio)

• channels 2.0
  • passthrough disabled

Do you mean using the analogue audio out (the mini-jack next to the ethernet socket?

Are you trying to play audio > 48k perhaps and your TV doesn’t support that?

I just replaced a cheap China made box and had no problems at all.

I meant switching audio through HDMI to play through stereo, not using mini jack

There are several possibilities but please help us by describing your TV and ‘stereo’ (sounds like a AVR if it accepts HDMI input).

Tv is a 65” Sony Bravia KDL-65W850A
Stereo is vsx 1326 pioneer.

Everything works okay with my Apple TV as well though.

OK, thanks so do you get clicks and does the Pioneer indictae ‘PCM’ when navigating the menus?

Actually I am just trying to get the sound out of the tv first because if that works then if I use the stereo it should be okay.

I mainly use audio from the tv

Well do you hear the GUI sounds (clicks) when just using the TV?

No GUI click sounds heard

Can you try a different HDMI cable? If that doesn’t help, please post logs. Sorry this is your introduction to Vero, but we should be able to sort it.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

I just tried the HDMI cable from my Apple TV and sound works great. I guess the one supplied was defective.

I never thought to try that as I saw video so thought it went hand in hand.

Guess I will need a new cable that’s all.

Thank You for your quick help to resolve this for me.

I dare say @sam_nazarko will send you a replacement.

Yes it should - weird.

Sometimes HDMI plugs just need a bit extra push to make sure they are fully engaged.

Thank You Grahamh, I will survive until then :slightly_smiling_face:

That’s odd. Happy to send you a new one. Pop a request to support@osmc.tv with a link to this thread

Sam

Thanks Sam much appreciated

I’ve had my Vero 4k+ for approx 1 month now and all was working fine, playing 4k rips no issues.

Just today the sound is not working with any files. No GUI clicking sounds either.

I have HDMI going from TV to Vero and TV to receiver (Yammy v673) through optical as the receiver does not do 4K. I’ve tested another HDMI cable and no sound. The video works fine. Vero is connected through Ethernet.

I’ve tested the sound from the TV and it works fine.

TV is Pana FZ950

Have reset to default settings for sound and no luck.

Any suggestions?

Am I right that your setup is:

Vero > HDMI > TV > Optical > Yamaha

And the sound works from the TV speakers, just not from the Yamaha?

Make sure your TV is set to send audio to the Optical (SPD/IF) port. I used a setup like this in the past with my ancient Yamaha and if I remember right I had to set the TV to do pass-through bit-mapped to get sound via optical. I also had to set the Vero to pass-through.

As a test, does sound work if you connect the optical cable from the Vero instead of the TV?

Vero → HDMI → TV
Vero → Optical → Yamaha

For the ultimate experience look at picking up a used Amp. I got a nice Yamaha RX-660 for USD 300 from Craigslist, so now I have Atmos and DTS-X support :grin:

Thanks bmillham

Sorry I forgot to mention the sound was working from TV and speaker through receiver but it is both not working from today.

Yes, configuration is correct.

Have checked the TV and Vero settings and still no sound.

Have tried Vero -> Optical -> Yamaha and still no sound.

I’ll check out the Rx 660, cheers

Edit: just found the problem, little one must of turned down the volume on the Vero remote to 0

LOL, I should have thought to mention that. My father did the same thing on his Vero one day. Took me a while to track that down!

If you normally use the TV to adjust the volume, consider setting the Vero to pass-through for audio. That way you can’t adjust the volume via the Vero, only on the TV.

Well, the RX-660 is just a suggestion. I’m very happy with mine, and got it at about 1/3rd the original price. And it even included 5 Definitive speakers and a Sub. It is so much nicer having an amp that can handle 4K.