No Audio on DD+ with 8 Channels on Vero4K

I’ve watched plenty of DD+ Atmos on my Vero 4K+. They all play fine except I never hear any height audio. I assume(d) this is intentional.

Many Atmos tracks are not well mixed, so you can’t expect it to sound spectacular with every mix. Offering Atmos tracks seems to be more of a marketing stunt for some studios than anything else :see_no_evil:

Same here. But admittedly, most of them use a 5.1 DD+ base, not 7.1 channels. Nevertheless, most 7.1 DD+ samples you can find work absolutely fine.

1 Like

will the problem be fixed soon?

It seems unlikely if you go to the kodi bug report linked above.

Haha the issue has been fixed after 1,5 years…checkout github Garbled sound with DD+/EAC3 passthrough and official Dolby DD+ 7.1 sample · Issue #19182 · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub

Indeed it has!

@sam_nazarko Can you include this fix in one of your next updates ?

We will include it with Kodi Nexus

Cool ! When is it planned to be released?

When it’s ready - there will be test builds soon.

Is there any news here?

Yes, the fix has been released in Kodi 20.2.
Probably @sam_nazarko can tell us when 20.2 is planned to be included in OSMC.
Sooooo looking forward to it.

I don’t know when general release is planned but it has been added to staging already for anyone who wants to test it.

Hi

Hopefully the issue is now addressed.

I’d appreciate it if you could test this and provide feedback before we potentially release this as an update to other users. To test this update:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Run the following command to add the staging repository:
    echo 'deb http://apt.osmc.tv bullseye-devel main' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/osmc-devel.list
  3. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  4. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you remove /etc/apt/sources.list.d/osmc-devel.list after updating.

This will deactivate the staging repository. You can do so with the following command:
sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/osmc-devel.list.

Please note that we will automatically disable this update channel after 14 days on your device in case you forget to do so to ensure that your system reverts to the stable update channel.

The original test file that @TheJay posted at the start of this thread here is no longer available, nor are the ones described in in the problem description here here.

So, I tested this staging repo update with the test files that can be found here

and each file played OK on my atmos setup with a Vero4K+, selecting the different audio streams in each case.

Perhaps @Thejay could make the original test file ‘test1.mkv’ available again and I/we can check …

I will test the build and upload the file as soon as I get home tomorrow

1 Like

Just reuploaded and edited the first post Upload files for free - test1.mkv - ufile.io

1 Like

Wooooohooo guys, I can confirm that the testrelease with Kodi 20.2 runs smooth and the even better thing: All E-AC3 files play now fine! This is such a great step…thank you @fritsch_xbmc @sam_nazarko

2 Likes

Glad to hear this. It will be in the next update.