No HDR on Samsung KS7090

here is the new logfile including advancesettings.xml

new Logfile

Thanks for the logs. I’ve taken a look.

OSMC always trys to output at a 4K resolution from your logs: NOTICE: Display resolution ADJUST : 3840x2160 @ 23.98 - Full Screen (33) (weight: 0.000).

However there are some interesting errors.

00:37:57.010 T:4081082960   ERROR: EGL error in CreateSurface: 3003
00:37:57.010 T:4081082960  NOTICE: CreateWindow: Could not create a surface. Trying with a fresh Native Window.
00:37:57.026 T:4081082960  NOTICE: VideoPlayer: OnResetDisplay received
00:37:57.079 T:3653640960 WARNING: CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer

Can you change all HDMI cables between Vero 4K and your display? It looks like a bad cable might be causing these problems.

Sam

Here is a new logfile with only one hdmi Cable.
And that is the one delivered with the vero4k.
No receiver denon x1200w between just Vero4k directly connectet to the TV

https://paste.osmc.tv/tofowizowi

So if this is not going to work im going to sent this useless piece back and refund my Money.

So no help here im gonna return this piece of non working technology.

Sorry, I missed this one. Let me check what’s going on and give you a detailed response.

Sorry for missing the follow up on this. It wasn’t tagged under the Vero 4K category so wasn’t easy to locate.

If 4K HDR doesn’t work on the Shield and the Vero 4K, there’s likely something not quite right in your environment or with the content you are playing.

It seems you’re trying to play Samsung Wonderland Demo to test HDR. Is that correct?

That file was ripped from an HDR source but is not actually HDR.

@elmerto: can you confirm that file does play with 4K output, and that your issue is just that you don’t see the HDR sign?

Can you try this confirmed HDR clip? https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0Bxj6TUyM3NwjaTg5WkxUV05SYkk

For other clips, you may need to enable HDR mode once. For example, on LG I had to enable this for HDMI1.

Sam,

Apologies for jumping in,don’t want hijack thread too much just had a quick question. How’d you know that file not really hdr?

He knows everything.

(Or he probably used mediainfo)

Ha! Mediainfo was my first thought but it has the things I’d expect to see (maybe incorrectly) that indicate HDR (display luminance min/max values)