NO HEVC support since upgrade to 19.1

Hi,

At first I would like to apologise if i offended anyone (unwillingly ofc) - MAIN THING that I was not aware at all - your chain-of-command when it comes to Kodi and OSMC. I never, ever intended to blame anyone for anything - I was just looking for a solution (I have nothing but respect for all devs of open-source code).

Bear in mind that all-in-all I’m just a user, which sometimes is trying to contribute by giving feedback. While I can e.g. work in a music studio with the console - I have zero knowledge when it comes to code.

After last posts I kinda understand why it’s hard to implement MMAL (or whatever made HEVC work :)) when the structure of Matrix is completely different + it is made that way by a third party (kodi team).

But that being said, one thing that I still stand for is that RPi3B+ should have no updates (or at least auto-updates) at this point. You might disagree - but let’s just leave it as it is.

BTW: Sorry for the delay in answering, i had a minor accident (clavical) and I was in a hospital (surgery) for some time :frowning:

Take care and thanks for all the work (which i did not know until now, that you all made posiible) to make 3B+ “HEVC-ready” :slight_smile:

Cya all :slight_smile:

The Raspberry Pi developers have a version of Matrix that uses MMAL. They chose to deprecate this version to use the V4L2/GBM approach. We followed their choice out of respect.

It seems you still didn’t read and understand why the changes were made.

You also don’t understand that all updates are optional and you can install an older version at any time.

1 Like