No network/SMB

Hi,

I’ve just received my Vero 4K and, although i have access to internet using Ethernet, i can’t access to my own LAN.

Here are the logs :
https://paste.osmc.tv/dimenabuga

Thanks
KS

Which Samba server do you have?

1. If it only supports SMB1 you need to edit smb.conf
  2. Samba browsing is currently broken. So you would need to directly enter your server //IP of server/share
  3. For better performance use fstab based mounting

Thanks for your answer.

I have no idea of which Samba Server i have and how to find out. It works on my RP3.

I bought the Vero 4K for my father, i’m gonna try to do it this week-end, so i may have to edit a file, no idea how, and manually add the address.

Running OSMC? Than the SMB1 topic doesn’t apply to your problem. Just add it directly by entering the info.
Alternatively use fstab based mount

Yes.

So, FSTAB is “open” using mac Terminal, i guess i have to update and add “///media /mnt/server_media cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,iocharset=utf8,user,username=,password=,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0”

Questions :

1. How do i add it ?
  2. I need to update the following items : IP of Server, user on server & your server password
  3. How do i save ?

Thanks

Edit #1:
In the meantime, i tried to manually add a source (smb://freebox/films/films/) but i have the following error message : “connection timeout”.

Edit #2 :
Here what i think should add :
//<192.168.0.254>/media /mnt/FREEBOX/Films/Films/ cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,iocharset=utf8,user,username=username,password=password,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0
//<192.168.0.254>/media /mnt/FREEBOX/Series/Series/ cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,iocharset=utf8,user,username=username,password=password,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0
//<192.168.0.254>/media /mnt/FREEBOX/Series/Documentaires/ cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,iocharset=utf8,user,username=username,password=password,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0
//<192.168.0.254>/media /mnt/FREEBOX/Musiques HD/Concerts/ cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,iocharset=utf8,user,username=username,password=password,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0
//<192.168.0.254>/media /mnt/FREEBOX/Musiques HD/Emission/ cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,iocharset=utf8,user,username=username,password=password,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0

Do you mean you accessed the Vero4k via ssh and open the file?
You should access the Vero4k via ssh and then do sudo nano /etc/fstab

//<192.168.0.254>/media /mnt/FREEBOX/Films/Films/ cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,iocharset=utf8,user,username=username,password=password,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0

The < and > need to be removed they where just to indicate this is a field.
Also do you have different shares on the the server? Otherwise you just need one fstab entry and then add the sources for the different kind of movies in Kodi.

Press ctrl-x

So freebox is the Pi? What is the OS and Samba Server you run on this?

Yes, i’m on a kind of editing mode in the file.

Yes, i removed them in the exemple in edit #2, where there are multiple sources, a IP box with multiple USB Hard Drives plugged into.

Freebox is the name of my IP box.

So ok seems I have misunderstood you. So your Samba Server in not on your RPi3 you just mean it works when you access it from your Pi3, or?

Is your Pi3 running on the latest version of OSMC? Maybe it is SMB1 problem in the end. If your “IP Box” is some proprietary box that hasn’t got updates for a while that is possible.

Exactly

No, it’s the version of last june. I’m not sure to understand what to do then but yes, it’s a proprietary box.

Ok, then my suggestion is to also upgrade the Pi3 to the July version. If it is than not working we know that the problem is that your IP Box uses SMB1.
Which you then can fix on both the RPi3 and Vero4k by changing the smb.conf

I’v updated my RPI3 with OSMC july update,i still have access to SMB.

Have you rebooted?

Also maybe just copy the sources.xml from the RPi3 to the Vero4k than you don’t need to configure anything manually

Yes

I don’t understand, same release, not the same issue.

Edit : Can i access to this file using SFTP ?

Neither do I. Either explainations:

1. You have a .smb/smb.conf on the RPi3 that enables SMB1
  2. the issue on the Vero4k has a different reason

Should be /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/sources.xml

Maybe @sam_nazarko knows ?

I’m connected with transit, i don’t have root access right now.

What do you think he knows? There is no difference between the two platforms!
It might just had been that you had change the smb.conf before then it would not have been overwritten.

You don’t need root for any files in /home/osmc!

I have no idea.

I can’t imagine how, i have not a clue on how to do it. It’s Chinese for me for me.

Can you please tell me how ?

How what? How to copy the file? I assmed you have a sftp program top copy files (at least that is what you wrote above).
/home/osmc/.kodi is a hidden directory so you might need to enable to show hidden files/directories in your sftp app.