No Posters and Artworks after using OSMC Skin Scraper

If you are using UMS, you may need to wait for the update to be pushed: Universal Movie Scraper

1 Like

@Kontrarian Besides waiting for a new scraper I tried uploading a German cover on tmdb (tmdb addon is configured to prefer German language) for “The Bible 1966”, waited some time, refreshed the info … and after that the new cover is available for me:

So, here it works as expected.

Interesting…
So what I found was that I was going to the movie from my home screen as it was showing up there as a recently added (since I removed it and rescanned it) and I would choose refresh but I would’t see the new artwork, BUT if I go into movies and find it in the list as opposed to getting to it from the home screens recently added movies then when I refresh I get the new artwork available.
Must be something off with that home screen widget or something.

Could be, never tried it that way.

TMDB is really starting to annoy me with how little content they have nowadays.
It seems as if every new entry to my library is going to require me to contribute to their database.

Sorry to bump an old thread but I have been having the same issue since updating to v19 with new movies not displaying correctly. I have tried UMS and the new python one but I am left with a blank movie poster.

Each movie is in a separate folder and has movie.nfo, poster.jpg and fanart.jpg. Fan art works fine but even if I go to ‘information’ - ‘choose artwork’ the local poster does not show as present. If I manually scrape, then it’s fine. I’m using Auramod but the issue seems present when I switch to osmc skin, too.

ANyone else experiencing this?

I suspect some debug logs would help. I will say that if you switch the scraper you have to manually update the info for each movie for that change to have any affect on existing stuff in your library. That’s the expected behavior and required action. I can’t speak to why you’re having the problem in the first place though.

1 Like

Looked into this some more and the issue seems to be with Radarr as it creates poster.jpg but of 0kb. If I deleted this then rescrape, all works fine. Have disabled Radarr create metadata for Kodi and will see if this helps

1 Like