No Scripts Work when Running OSMC RC3 on Raspberry Pi 2

Hey guys, brand new user here. I recently bought a pi 2 and tried to make an OSMC Pi. So I downloaded RC3 and ran an update when I installed it. Then I went through and downloaded a bunch of plugins (like Internet Archive). But when I run them, I keep getting the same error over and over and it just says “Script Failed” for any of the programs. Here’s my pastelog after trying to run a couple of times. Seems to look like this:

16:18:21 T:1718125600 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<–
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type ‘exceptions.AttributeError’>
Error Contents: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘find’
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.internet.archive/default.py”, line 526, in
get_category_page(video_url, video_thumb)
File “/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.internet.archive/default.py”, line 97, in get_category_page
collection_tag = soup.find(‘select’, attrs={‘name’: ‘mediatype’}).find(‘option’, selected=‘selected’)
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘find’
–>End of Python script error report<–

I’ve SSHed in and ran update and dist-upgrade and there are no new upgrades. Any idea why I can’t run any of these add-on scripts at all?

Thanks!

From looking at that log file it’s an issue with the Internet Archive addon.

Generally script errors in streaming addons are caused by one of three things:

1. A bug in the script, 2) A network connectivity problem to the server they’re connecting to, or 3) The website they connect to for information has changed its design/API’s and the addon has not been updated.

Unfortunately it looks like the Internet Archive addon has been “abandoned” by its developers:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=180623&pid=2005755#pid2005755

So most likely the problem is option 3 - the websites have changed but the addon has not been updated to remain compatible with them…

1 Like

Thanks so much, I guess it was just bad luck with me installing scripts. The Al Jazeera one was erroring as well. Okay didn’t realize there were support issues with these (sorry I’m brand new). Thanks so much for your help and time!