No sound on some files

You could try to use a media converter for converting files into different codecs/frequencies. (AVS Audio Converter, Free Audio Converter or Freemake Audio Converter should work)

This can help to solute your problem, but strange that they works on pi2.

Sure the audio setup, for both of your media players, is really the same, also in settings?

Hi,

I will check this again later today.

Sam

Hi Sam,
I made other tests with a friend
His configuration Vero 4k pluh via HDMI on AMP Pioneer VSX-924. He had exactly the same problem => No sounds on 44100Hz file
If you set ‘Output configuration’ to ‘Fixed’ and ‘Limit sampling rate’ to 48 => Sound Ok for all files
If you set ‘Output configuration’ to ‘Fixed’ and ‘Limit sampling rate’ to 44.1 => Sound Ko for all files

In our case with AMP we need to set ‘Output configuration’ to ‘Best Matched’

These configuration work well with PI2 and PI1

Thanks
Julien

Hi,
I’m having no sound for almost 2 month. Is there a solution to my problem ?
I made a lot of tests without having any answer.

If the problem is impossible to resolve, i don’t want to waste my time with the Vero 4K.

So what’s the procedure to bring back the box and having my money back

Thanks
Julien

Hi Julien

The returns policy can be found on our website. But I’d rather get this working as expected for you.

Unfortunately I can’t replicate this issue myself. Can you send me a file that doesn’t have any sound? I’ll then play it back and see what the issue is.

http://mab.asso.fr/01.mp3 doesn’t load for me. Dropbox might help.

Sam

Hi Sam,

Here the dropbox link

Dropbox - 01.mp3 - Simplify your life

Thanks
Julien

Hi Julien

I’m currently travelling but a couple of people have tested your clip and say that it plays back OK without issue.

I suspect the issue may be with your audio configuration

Just to confirm: are you saying that sound is OK when output is set to 48Khz, but not when it’s set to 44.1Khz?

Sam

Hi Sam,
All files i have (Video or Audio) in 44.1Khz play with no sound. The rest is Ok
My current Config :

• HDMI
  • Output => Best Match

If I change Output to “Fixed” => Everything is working except i always have 5.0 on each files

I can make a video with my phone if you want

Thanks
Julien

That’s fine.
The audio will just be output as LPCM, so shouldn’t cause any issues.

Fixed works better than optimised.

Sam

Hi Sam,
It’s not good. This config is not optimized. I don’t want to have 5.0 sound with a limit frame at 48khz on all my file.
The vero have to be set in “Best concordance” like my pi2
Thanks
Julien

Hi Julien,

PCM is PCM.

If you do this, I don’t believe there will be any upmixing so things will still sound fine. Unless you’re using things like ProLogic on your AVR, you won’t hear a difference.

The audio output on Pi will work similar to Vero 4K. We’ve been able to play back the audio file without issue here.

Can you upload debug logs again? The latest OSMC release includes more information on the debug logs (audio capabilities).

Cheers

Sam

Hi Sam,

I have just done the June update.
Sound is working on all files and my AMP detect the good configuration
My current Config :

• HDMI
  • Output => Best Match

So i guess you find something

Thanks
Julien

Yes I did. I am glad this issue is now resolved for you.

Sorry it took so long to fix

Sam