"no" Sound since RC3 Upgrade

since i upgraded to RC3 my volume are VERY low (HDMI, and Analogue too ) i have to set my TV on max volume level to hear silent music.
any ideas? maybe a bug?

i tried an other OS (retropie) to test if my pi is broken but it works well. only on OSMC RC3 i cant hear any sound.

kind regards
NeoRame

Check you have the master volume in Kodi turned right up. (+/- keys on a keyboard)

There was a bug in older versions of OMXplayer that caused the volume to be much higher than it should be for intermediate settings of the master volume, now this is fixed you will have to set the master volume higher to get the same output volume.

ok, and is there a other way? because i didnt use this pi with a keybord. the pi is directly on my tv and navigate with my tv remote.

You could use the remote in the web interface. Browse to

http://ipaddress

Where ipaddress is your Pi’s IP Address.

THANKS! i tried alternatively an ios remote app. :wink:

sometimes, it is to easy to think of it. XD

Sorry, I gave the wrong default port number - fixed. (Default is 80 not 8080)

So did turning up the master volume fix the sound issue ? On a Pi it’s usually best to leave the master volume at maximum especially on the Analog out, which can be quite noisy and distorted at low volume settings. (Due to hardware limitations of the analog port)

The Master Volume fix it, yes. i set it back on max (i use HDMI Line for sound). the upgrade maybe changed this setting…

It shouldn’t have, and unless you lost all your Kodi settings, (corrupted guisettings.xml) very unlikely. More likely you had it set to something like 70% which would be a large volume drop on the new version of Kodi but an almost imperceptible drop on the old version.

Did the same here.

Huh ?

You just updated to RC3 now ? (How, when it is no longer available as an update ?)

Or you’re replying to a thread 3 months too late ?

What ever the kodi 15 update was. Broke audio.

So did you create a support thread about the problem to get help with it ? Did the updates released a few days later solve the issue for you ?

If so I don’t see what this has to do with a 3 month old thread about RC3.