No updates for a while on my OSMC installs

Hi there,

I don’t seem to be be gettting updates for a while now, I’m wondering if something is up with my updates.

I just ran a
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

and it did find a few generic linux updates which I installed that way but OSMC didn’t find them.
Is it supposed to be installing generic linux packages? I’m pretty sure it used to in the past.

Any help or clarification on why not getting updates for a while is appreciated. I used to get them fairly regularly. I understand that we are on the final release and maybe we get less then we used to under RC3.

Thanks

Thanks.

Am I correct by saying, packages and tools I install which are not OSMC related would not be upgraded by osmc upgrade auto or manual update.

I just need to do that manually running sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade am I right in saying that.

Like for example you have bind, or mysql installed, OSMC won’t update those additional packages as are not strictly related to kodi or OSMC, am I wrong?.

I ask that because on screen update provided me with no updates today, but the two commands above updated several packages.

No

Those updates will be installed via OSMC, but only if an OSMC update is available as well or it is a security update. We only want people’s systems to upgrade once a month.

Sam

Thanks Sam, that cleared it all up now for me.

1 Like