No video signal when osmc starts after update

Did an update today from my osmc, and after restart, I get black screen. I get the osmc splash, and after that it goes black and tv reports no signal. Think the atv is connected with component video.

Logs: http://paste.osmc.io/eroqiweweq

1 Like

I did ā€œsudo umount /boot sudo fsck.hfsplus -f /dev/sda1 sudo mount -o force,rw /dev/sda1 /bootā€, assuming thatā€™s what you ment. No change in behaviour. Still goes black after osmc splash. Iā€™ve had the problem with unclean shutdowns before, and that only led to updates not installing correctly I think. Not video signal lost after the splash.

This is from your log today

dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/atv-image-4.2.3-20-osmc_20_i386.deb (--unpack):
 unable to clean up mess surrounding `./boot/vmlinuz-4.2.3-20-osmc' before installing another version: Read-only file system```

You should follow the commands I linked to above with `sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && sudo reboot`

First things must be handled first.

You might want to run ā€˜apt-get -f installā€™ to correct these.
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
atv-kernel-osmc : Depends: atv-image-4.2.3-20-osmc but it is not installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.

Followed the suggestion, and redid sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && sudo reboot. Picture came back. Thanks!

1 Like