Not able to start movie after last one was stopped


it’s happening sporadically that after I watched a movie, stopped or finished it and returned to movies section I am unable to start a new one. It’s happening randomly. Onetime it works 20 times ok, then it happens after one play/stop.

Also this is effecting all streams, doesn’t matter if movies are coming from NAS or played via e.g Disney+ or so.

Here is the debug log:

I see a lot of entries like These ones:

2020-12-27 00:01:59.822 T:3147813088 DEBUG: Open - probing detected format [matroska,webm] 2020-12-27 00:01:59.842 T:3156205792 DEBUG: CVideoPlayerVideo - video decoder returned error 2020-12-27 00:01:59.854 T:3147813088 DEBUG: Seek - waiting for position 10974220560. 2020-12-27 00:01:59.883 T:3156205792 DEBUG: CVideoPlayerVideo - video decoder returned error 2020-12-27 00:01:59.904 T:3122634976 INFO: CFileCache::Process - Source read didn't return any data! Hit eof(?) 2020-12-27 00:01:59.905 T:3147813088 DEBUG: Open - avformat_find_stream_info starting 2020-12-27 00:01:59.924 T:3156205792 DEBUG: CVideoPlayerVideo - video decoder returned error

don’t know if it’s related or not.
After a reboot it works again.

All latest updates are installed…



Adjust display refresh rate to On for the best experience.

This will also fix your audio sync errors.

Which Audio sync issues? :slight_smile:

Your logs show audio synchronisation errors

Problem remains!

I watched UHD John Wick 3 for approx 30 minutes… after stopped I wasn’t able to start any movie.

I tested files from YouTube (trailer) and also files on my NAS (4K and 1080p) and non of them started.

After reboot it was working again. What is causing this?

I changed the settings you mentioned just btw


Can you please post some fresh logs after this issue occurs now you have made some of the changes suggested?

Many thanks



Do you want me to start debug after Problem starts or directly from the beginning after Kodi boots?

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

  • enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

  • reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

  • reproduce the issue

  • upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

  • publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding.

OSMC skin screenshot:

I wasn’t able to reproduce the issue today even after heavy testing…

Will revert back once it’s happening again