Not all movies folders are added and don't know why

Hi guys.

I’ve been using OSMC on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ for a long time now. I love it a lot!

But since a couple of updates ago, I’ve been running into a weird issue.


  • Pi 3B+ with latest OSMC (updated yesterday)
  • Pi is wired to network
  • NAS with NFS share on network, also wired.
  • Two folders: Movies and Series on NAS. Each movie has a separate folder
    • folder are named by Radarr and have following naming: “Movietitle (year)”

Within OSMC I have added the folders and determined their content. For most movies and series it works fine. However, there are some movie folders which are seen during updating of library on OSMC (I can see the movietitles passing by in the popup), but they aren’t added to the list. I’ve used various scrapers, but it doesn’t solve the issue.

I’ve looked at the permissions of the folders, but they are all identical. I mean, Movie1 has the same permissions as Movie2, but Movie2 isn’t shown in the movielist on OSMC and Movie 1 is.

What to do?

Enable debug logs and monitor the logs while scanning.

Great first suggestion. Will do that immediately!

EDIT: found a lot of entries like the:

2020-03-26 22:21:05.034 T:1431294688 WARNING: No information found for item 'nfs:// (2017)/Aftermath (2017) Bluray-1080p.mkv', it won't be added to the library.

Does this mean that my scraper isn’t able to match it? I mean, there are dozens of Hollywood blockbuster that it doesn’t seem to be able to recognise. What can I do? It doesn’t seem to be related to the name of the actual file, because I also see this one:

2020-03-26 22:21:10.370 T:1431294688 WARNING: No information found for item 'nfs://, The (2015)/The Benefactor (2015).mkv', it won't be added to the library.

This file doesn’t have the original quality or release information in the filename.

I’m using The Movie Database (Python) scraper by the way. The other information provider add-on (The Movie Database) is giving me an unable to connect to servererror when it reaches the G (or something like that), so tried the Python version out.

If we could see the log it would be easier to suggest solutions as the important bit was what came before that snippet you posted for aftermath.

If that is how your naming your folders you will probably need to make sure the ‘movies are in a seperate folder’ scraper option is unchecked, or else you would probably need to do something to get Kodi to understand that movie title correctly.

I have two logs:


I changed the scraper add-on to test something out. Hopefully you see something.

I will try unchecking the ‘movies are in seperate folders’

Edit: unchecking this results in none of movies found, so checking it again.

I’m also getting the Unable to connect to remote server. Would you like to continue scanning? pop-up everytime I update my library. Could that have something to do with it?

Edit 2: although I’m going to see what I can do about the folder naming, I’d like to point out that similar folders which are named with the same convention are scraped and added correctly to the library on the Pi. OSMC shows 142 movies and my NAS shows 178 movie folders with a single movie file inside each. That’s a bit too much for just not matching through the scraper (all of a sort of sudden)…

I can see why its not scraping but I’m not clear about what the cause is. Kodi is asking for the wrong info from the scraper such as…

is incorrect as there is no movie titled “Aftermath.2017.1080p.BluRay.x264.DTS-HD.MA.5.1-FGT” and the correct search would have been…

As it did not pick that up from either the file or folder name so you are either using incorrect NFO files or it’s being caused by you having settings>media>videos>use video tags> enabled and you will need to turn that off (or fix the tags in your mkv’s).


Wow, I disabled settings>media>videos>use video tags and did a refresh. I now have 178 movie titles in the library and 177 on my NAS :joy:

I’m gonna see if I can figure out what the difference is, but this pretty much solved my problem.

Thank you so much!

It is a bug in Kodi. I had actually forgotten I found this problem many months ago and passed the details over to @sam_nazarko who was going to pass it along to their team. I never followed up so I have to idea what the status of that is. Basicly the issue is that when that option is checked it takes the tag as the movie title and the parser does not clean it like it does with file and folder names. If the mkv tag had just the movie name then there would be no issue. Unfortunately when that tag is populated it is normally with an entry similar to yours and it will always fail because it is searching for a movie with that entire string as a title.