Not booting after update

I did the update this morning on my Raspberry Pi 2 B+ (or whatever the new one is called) after being prompted. Now the thing won’t boot if there’s anything plugged into any USB port. I had to unplug both the usb wifi adapter and usb hard drive to get it to boot. After osmc starts, I can plug in the wifi adapter and hard drive and everything works fine. I ssh’d into the device, and my config.txt still has max_usb_power=1 still set. Whatever the update did to cause this needs to be fixed.

I don’t see that your problem has anything to do with the issue being reported in the thread you posted in (this is known as threadjacking) so I have moved your post to a new thread.

Please provide debug logs and some information on how your system is set up - for example whether you use a USB install, and if possible provide a screenshot if it fails to boot and has an error on the screen.

How do I generate debug log(s)? And where are they saved?

There’s no error on the screen. The system just locks up at the “OSMC” startup splash screen. I did a fresh install of OSMC by placing OSMC_TGT_rbp2_20150628.img on an empty sdcard using ApplePi-Baker.

If it’s only going to the splash screen it’s likely that Kodi is not installed properly due to a failed update. You can gather a few logs from ssh with the following commands:

sudo journalctl | paste-log
df -h | paste-log
paste-log /home/osmc/.kodi/temp/kodi.log
paste-log /var/log/apt/term.log
paste-log /var/log/apt/history.log
dpkg -l | grep osmc

I was prompted to install another update a few hours ago, which I did. After a reboot, everything works fine again and I can boot with my usb devices attached. I rebooted a few more times just to be sure. Don’t know what the problem was. shrug