Not getting proper 25 fps playback

Lately, I’ve noticed that the Vero isn’t switching for content in 25 fps, causing a sort of weird playback. Is anyone else seeing this? I don’t really know if it coincided with the most recent update, because I don’t watch 25 fps stuff all that much.

Also, I don’t know if PlexKodiConnect might be the culprit. The show plays properly in my Apple TV with the Plex client, but not with InfusSo, I don’t know who is to blame. Mostly asking to see if anyone else has the problem.

Do you have “Adjust Display Refresh Rate” set?
If yes, then provide logs.

Logs would give us some answers, but if you have 25fps progressive material you would need to set your GUI resolution to 25fps and/or whitelist that resolution and use adjust refresh rate.

25fps interlaced material (50i) is best played at 50p.

How do you whitelist resolutions? Thanks.

I have “Adjust Display Refresh Rate” set. Also, I have forgotten the procedure to provide logs.

See here: [HowTo] Guide to the Kodi whitelist function and related settings

Thanks for that, but it’s not giving me the option to whitelist any refresh rates such as 25 or 50. The TV and AVR are capable of those rates–I can watch it on the Apple TV4k with Infuse, and it switches to 50 fps.

TV = TCL 65R625
AVR Yamaha 3070

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

All right. The log is here:

https://paste.osmc.tv/recixaseve

Thanks again.

This a grab-logs -X not a grab-logs -A :man_shrugging:t3:

I used the My OSMC menu. What did I do wrong?

Ok, I used ssh. Try this URL:

https://paste.osmc.tv/uhuhicacah

Next time, make sure to select all logs in myosmc.

1 Like

They are not advertising and 25 or 50hz rates with your current setup. Is it different if you plug Vero direct into the TV?

1 Like

I get 50hz playback on the Apple TV4K using the same file with Infuse as the Plex client or using the Plex app.

It is plugged into the AVR same as the Vero. I’ll try plugging Vero direct and report back.

Ok, I plugged the Vero direct into the TV, and same thing–it plays that show at 60hz.

This is a different TV than what I had a couple of weeks ago. Is it possible that Kodi is not updating the refresh rates? I had a TCL R615 that died, and replaced it with this, the 2019 model.

Nope. From your log…

2020-04-17 12:37:52.777 T:4070731776 ERROR: GetString: error reading /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/disp_cap

I looked in the documentation and did a general web search and I can’t find anything that states support for 25Hz or 50Hz.

And yet the Apple TV supports 25 and 50hz. In this case, the file is 25fps, and on the Apple TV it plays back at 50hz. How does that work?

How are you determining what the TV is receiving from the Apple TV? Does this TV have some kind of an osd/info you can bring up that shows what it is actually receiving? I think it is possible that the TV supports it, but just doesn’t report it.

In which case, it can be forced via an EDID.
But it would be good to verify what the Apple TV is sending first.

Yes. Pressing the “OK” button on the TV remote while something is playing displays the resolution and frame rate. The TV definitely supports it–not only by seeing it in the osd/info, but the playback doesn’t have the jitters–it plays as smoothly as 60hz.