NXP TDA18250B/XBOX One Tuner Support

Hello All,

I’m probably jumping the gun a little here as I don’t doubt it needs more testing but is it possible to get driver support added for the NXP tuner found in the XBOX One tuner?

A lot of headway has been made over on the TVHeadend thread (Xbox One DVB-T/T2/C tuner - Tvheadend) and there appears to be a working driver.

Obviously this would be a great addition to OSMC especially considering the low cost of the tuner - current £8 on Amazon UK.

Cheers All!

Hi,

Which technology (DVB-C or DVB-T/DVB-T2) are you trying to
use on the adapter?

It seems that there hasn’t been success with the dongle from
the TVHeadend post you have linked to.

It seems that while there is a kernel module, there hasn’t been success
with locking to channels

We will have a DVB-T2 dongle which will be well priced on our Store soon and we plan for
this to run on all OSMC devices (and stay supported on all OSMC devices); so you won’t have
to worry about whether an update will break functionality (which sometimes happens with some
poorly maintained WiFi dongles)

Sam

++ add this tuner to OMSC Fimrware.

patch
https://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/42854/

Sorry for bringing this one up again, but did this tuner ever get supported?

I don’t think so. We did bump the kernel so there’s a chance.

There is a known good tuner in the OSMC store that will remain supported

Unfortunately not under OSMC but you can try and add support or alternatively, there are a few other Kodi builds that support this tuner ‘out of the box’.

The tuner does work reasonably well though considering how little they cost - paid £2.95 a month ago for one.

Shame… Just bought one too at the price. Cheap and cheerful. Better than using on my Xbox. Will see what I can do to get it working.

Hi Sam, do you think you can get this working on OSMC? I believe it works nativly on libreelec.

It depends on the device you’re using it on.
If Pi; then eventually support will appear through a kernel bump (if it’s not there already).