Ocelot and lxde interface

Hi

What are the news about Ocelot intenet web interface ?
Do you think it will be possible to have a button to switch from osmc to LXde and come back to osmc. It will be interresting to use raspberry as media center and as computor easly.
Many thanks for your work

Hi

Ocelot is not dependent on X for EGL backend platforms, so it will not depend on a desktop environment. We will be shipping a desktop environment soon however.

Sam

Nice,
I am waiting for that. Are you able to estimate in how long time ?

Not yet. There are a few hurdles to resolve first. Then we will test it privately before a public release.

Sam

I’m new to the forum, but i have been using OSMC for a few months and I love it!! Is there any news on when ocelot will be available? Also, will ther be support for streaming sites like watchESPN and Fox Sports Go? You all do some amazing work

Hi

I am still working on it.

You won’t be able to get Flash. Just HTML 5 video that is not DRM’d.

Sam

Is there support for the Java Pi2 add on?

There is no Java support in the browser

Sam

Hi Sam,
really no chances to have the HTML 5 video with DRM (EME)? I’m not a fan at all of DRM but if available we can use Netflix through Ocelot… I really not have any idea what is involved in implementing DRM, just curiosity…

Could you tell us how the cohabitation of Kodi/the Desktop Environment is expected to work from a user standpoint please ?

Will it be possible to switch endlessly from one to the other in a few seconds without rebooting ?
Ex: Starting a download on a GUI download manager on the DE, Switch to Kodi to watch a movie, Pausing it, Switching back to the DE to check the download status, Switching back to Kodi and resuming the movie where it was paused ?

Thank you,

Yes, that is the ultimate goal of this project.

Sam

1 Like