October Update and now have lost access to network shares

Installed June Firmware and it restored the network share. Updated to October version network share still works.
Have to assume something must have been corrupted during the update.

Have to finish the set up tomorrow so hoping October update does not throw up any other issues.

Thanks for all the help and suppoort.

Hello,

don’t want to hijack this thread also do not want to create a new one as it is the same problem.

My setup is all Windows Server. My storage server does not have an IP (actually it has multiple because of failover cluster, all assigned via DHCP), and the Kodi user is an AD user with read access to the media files.

All worked wonderfully until October update. Now the funny part. I can access and play the files already added but i can’t browse the shares and add new one.

Something or someone bugged this.

Thanks Daniel

Browsing is a SMB1 function? Have you enabled SMB1 on Client and Server?

Generally if you have a permanent setup with Client Server you might want to switch to using fstab or autofs mounts for your shares.

SMB1 is not an option anymore on Windows server, SMB3 is min and max in Kodi. In the past tried fstab but due to the round robin LB of the failover cluster it failed miserably. AutoFS i am not familiar with but i found a guide and maybe i will try it.

Nonetheless this seems like an error. Also moving to IPV6 (i have done that already) will prove hard or next to impossible to work with static IP’s.

Well then browsing in Kodi will not work.

Why is giving static IP’s harder for IPv6 then IPv4?

Tried autofs, works fine up to the point of browsing the files. All directories are empty. All attempts to debug this fails. It either works mounting the empty directory structure or not at all.

SMB1 is a security issue at least in Windows and it was disabled around 2017.

IPV6 as an addressing convention is hard to remember and it was meant to work with dynamic updates. Still most legacy systems will probably never support IPV6.

Ok, I think we had a misunderstanding around “browsing” I thought you meant “browsing for a new share/server” but it seems you mean going through different directory levels on an share. This would not need SMB1.

But that you have the same issue using autofs is quite suprizing and would normally point to a server problem.
If debugging with autofs didn’t got you anywhere I suggest to start debugging with smbclient as that is as fundamental as it gets.

Well remembering IP addresses is a different issue to use static IP’s. That is what DNS server are for.