Offtopic and irrelevant minutiae

I can’t remember exactly what didn’t get copied across, but I seem to recall some of my advanced settings not being transferred…

For the most part the backup/restore did work, though.

Every file recursively from the /home/osmc/.kodi/ directory is included, including advancedsettings.xml. Not sure why you would have such an issue.

MOD EDIT: Irrelevant subject moved and hidden for housekeeping…

Me neither. Hopefully not an issue going forward since I can never keep track of the tweaks.

I think the issue may have been I was using a different xml file that gets overwritten with updates. I may have addressed that already I think.

Most everything that customizes the hardware is outside that directory. For example, rc.local for setting 444, tweaking of the remote via lircd, and anything dealing with OS-level file sharing.

Yep, that makes sense. I knew there was something that didn’t get carried over.

I thought you could add tweeks to lircd to userdata. But then again, I’ve never tried that as I use CEC.

Some remotes just have a bad lirc config. Mine had two different buttons mapped to the exact same lirc key.

The PITA was that they weren’t even close to the same function…one was “Previous Chapter”, and the other was “Back”. I can’t recall what they were both mapped to, but one way would be that every time I tried to skip back a chapter, the movie was put into the background and I was navigating the movie list, and the other would be not being able to back out of menus.

The op that asked the question in the other thread was referring specifically to his Kodi config. I’m quite aware that this would have no bearing on other OS customizations or package configuration.