One or more items failed to play

Hi, I installed the version on my Pi3
Osmc Kodi 20.3 Compiled 2024-01-28 when I go to play a video I get this error: One or more items failed to play .

The files are located on the network hard disk connected to my fritzbox router and I reach them by smb from root /media/routerhd.

When I add the path on Kodi the videos with the posters are loaded correctly by the scrapper.

Can anyone tell me what the problem could be?

Thank you

We might be able to help you if we have debug enabled logs.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Here is the log:

Thank you

You might try using vers=3.0 for the mount instead of 3.1.1. Did you try just adding the path to Kodi itself instead of the system mount? On a separate note, one you get past the network issue I think you will find that a RPi 3 isn’t going to do a very good job of trying to play most HEVC encoded files.

With previous versions of osmc I never encountered this problem. I’ll try using 3.0 instead of 3.1 anyway. … Thanks for the reply

I tried with smb 3.0 configuration but it still doesn’t work. I think the problem is elsewhere but I can’t identify it from the log

Ok, this version has problems with directories whose name contains blank spaces. Once the blank spaces are eliminated, the files are found and played correctly.

"On a separate note, one you get past the network issue I think you will find that a RPi 3 isn’t going to do a very good job of trying to play most HEVC encoded files." Regarding this, I have already purchased a Pi5 and when there is an OSMC version for this model I will make the change (even if it seems that from the point of view of video playback there have been some hardware changes that do not sound good)