Only bluetooth sound after installing a2dp

Hi,

I installed the latest OSMC veriosn on my Pi3b+ and enabled HiFiBerry-Digi+ for sound. (Connected through SPDIF with my speakers)

Then I installed a2dp packages and can connect successfully with my Android phone and listen to spotify.

But if I try to play a mp3 oder video file from my local sd-card I can not hear anything throw spdif.

Any idea what could be wrong?

You need to unpair the phone or turn off BT.

This does not help.

Even if I turn of completely my phone and reboot my pi I have no sound.

Maybe want to try what @ChessSpider did

hi @madmoses before you follow my guide, maybe I can help. I have had some experience with PulseAudio + Kodi now…
I have some questions:

1. can you tell me exactly what you do to play a file? Do you mean you play it through Kodi?
  2. You say you do not hear it through SPDIF. Could the sound be played through another audio device, e.g. HDMI?
  3. Can you check for me the settings of Kodi -> Settings ->Audio -> Audio output device? Verify it is set to ** ALSA: Playback/recording through the PulseAudio sound server (step 4 of my guide)
  4. You might want to do step 5-2 as well; explicitly setting a default sink. Though as BT works it doesn’t seem to be necessary for you (it was for me)

We’ll sort it out

Hi @ChessSpider

sorry for the slow response.

Number 3.) Solved my problem. Switching to ALSA: Playback/recording through the PulseAudio sound server solved the problem :slight_smile:

Thank you!