Option to disable blue LED

Black tape also works.

No, that blocks the IR-sensor.

As you look at the front of the Vero 4K, the IR sensor is to the right part of the “plus” where the LED shines from. As long as you only cover about 75% of the “plus”, the IR sensor will work.

Thanks for the info. But the LED would still shin through the remaining 25% with full lumen. Ill wait for the seperately bought stickers.
Just wanted to state, that I dont think thats a home cinema friendly solution.

I didn’t see anyone recommend that you try to use CEC via your TV to control the Vero 4K. That way you could cover the LED, or even move the 4K somewhere out of sight.

Pretty much every device I have has LEDs that are far too bright, and none have any way to control the brightness. The only devices that allow control seem to be ones where it’s an actual “display” that has some information. Even with that, though, my DVR has a bright red recording LED that doesn’t dim with the rest of the display.

The worst is my TV, with a bright red LED when the power is on. It’s right below the screen, so it’s very visible and, yes, it is right next to the IR sensor. The complaints about it were huge on the AVS Forum, because when there is a black scene on the TV, the screen is black (about 0.01 nits), and in a dark room, the LED is blindingly bright in comparison.

Its not a TV remote, but a universal remote I use to control all five devices in my setup. I just dont want five different remotes lying on my table.

@nabsltd

Believe it or not, the only light emitting devices in my setup are the AVR and the TV reciever. Both have a LCD-like display and arent close to the brightness the vero emits.

Well the idea is to use that same remote. Just instead if sending the Vero specific commands via IR directly to the Vero the idea was to use the CEC capability to have them routed through the TV.
Should normally work quite well only limitation is that you are restricted to the keys that your TV supports via CEC.

Ah I see and totally misunderstood bmillhams post.

How can I try that? And wouldnt the signals also send the informations to the TV ?

Yes the TV will receive the signals but normally if set source to the Vero the subset of the commands would be sent to Vero via HDMI/CEC.

Normally (if you have not disabled CEC) you don’t need to do anything. Just switch the source to Vero on your TV and then use the Harmony Remote in your TV setting and use the cursor keys. They should be sent to the Vero automatically.

Too early to try here, but will this still work with all signals going through the AVR?

I would guess so unless the AVR would “use” those buttons.

Wondering if this option to either dim or turn off the standby LED was ever added in the Vero V? Oddly the red on the Vero 4K+ never bothered me sleeping, but the blue LED on the Vero V is annoying.

It can be turned off but not dimmed

I found a way on the forum to turn it off via cmd prompt, but comes back on when you restart right? Is there a way to change a setting to turn it off and have it stay off? If so, how?

Not yet – but as you can tell the LED can be toggled programatically which means nothing stops us introducing such a control later. I’ve been trying to work out the best way to introduce some controls without it being too complex.

I think we just need two settings with two options:

• Vero LED state when active:
    1. Off (default)
    2. On
  • Vero LED state when in standby:
    1. On (default)
    2. Off

What do people think?

For default options I still want users to be able to discern when the device is on or in standby. Maybe a blue light didn’t make sense for standby and I can think about that in the future, but as people have said, it’s hard to get a consensus.

On Vero 4K + we completely ripped the on light that was in the Vero 4K and only had a red LED standby light. Most were happy but some very much missed it.

Cheers

Sam

What you described (adding 2 options in the menu options: 1 for Vero LED on/off for active, 1 for Vero LED on/off for standby) would be PERFECT! I think you’re never going to please everyone, so to allow the user the option is the best course of action. My preference is to have it off, but I definitely saw on the forum that other people like it on sometimes. Hide it behind advanced settings if you’re worried. Having it default the way it is now is fine as long as it can be changed. I appreciate you weighing in on this and considering a fix!