Orange tinge overlay on screen

Hi, as the title says. I have one Vero (with no blue light on the front) in my cinema which is connected to a projector and earlier today I noticed the Vero has an orange tinge overlay on screen. It’s running the latest software update and I have also rebooted it which has not solved the issue. I tried a blu ray disc on my Oppo which is also connected to the projector so I’ve managed to rule the projector out as the issue (I hope).

I then connected the Vero to my TV and the orange tinge is’nt as noticable however the picture looks very washed out.

I also have an older Vero (with the blue light on the front) which I then connected to the projector and it’s absolutely fine on the both the projector and TV.

Is there a way of solving the orange tinge issue or is my Vero giving up? It does’nt appear to get very hot just the usual warm like I believe it is meant to.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Can you show us a photo so we can see what you mean?

Thanks

Sam

This is a night time scene from Knives Out. The first photo is from the Vero clearly suffering the orange tinge overlay. The second photo is from the movie on blu ray disc running through my Oppo.

Forgot to mention that on Sunday just gone I watched Tenet on the Vero and it was absolutely fine so this issue has suddenly happened over the last day or so.

Again any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Logs would be useful.

Could you remind me how to get the logs as I never really have issues with my Vero so I’ve forgotten how to get them.

Many thanks.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

I followed your instructions and hope this is what you need to further invstigate my current issue.

Many thanks.

Most likely not related to your problem but it is recommended to set

Settings>Player>Videos>Adjust display refresh rate> On start/stop

I’ve just done that and it appears to have sorted it, at least on Knives Out and a few other movies I’ve tried.

I first noticed this orange tinge last night when I downloaded Liam Neeson’s new movie Honest Thief. I thought it may have just been the movie but after trying it again just now with your recommendation of the setting change it still has an orange look to it. I’m wondering if it could be an issue with the download.

Thank you again for your help with this issue and I’ll keep an eye things with it and see if I can get a diffenet download of Honest Thief.

Just to note also, if I play Honest Thief through my projector on my older Vero it’s fine and there is no orange tinge so it’s baffling me at the moment.

Your OSMC system was updated about 10pm yesterday. Were you getting the orange tint before that?

Has the other Vero updated yet?

Yes the orange tint was there before I did the update hence why I did the update to hope that would sort it.

No I haven’t yet done the update on my older Vero, I’m going to do it tonight as I’m at work at the moment.

Once I’ve done it I’ll report back.

Update: I have just installed the latest software on my older Vero and plugged it into my projector. There appears to be absolutely no issues with an orange tint overlay on the screen with playback of various material that I tried.

The newer Vero however is still showing the orange tint on playback of certain material that I’ve tried but not everything.

I feel I can rule out a problem with the projector, TV, Oppo blu ray player and HDMI settings and connections on my receiver.

I’m at a complete loss now unles anyone can think of anything else that might be causing this issue.

Has anyone else had this happen to theirs? Could my Vero have devloped a fault possibly?

Any thoughts are welcomed and appreciated.

Looking at your screenshots, it’s like there’s no blue in the video, but you do have blue from the OSD. Is the GUI displaying correctly?

Complete loss of one colour (red, green or blue) can indicate a poor cable connection. But if the GUI looks OK, that seems unlikely.

What are these videos you are having issues with? I can’t see any attempt to play anything in your log.

This is a bit of a stretch, but you said that the problem seemed to improve after you set “Adjust Refresh Rate” to “On start/stop”? Is it possible that it’s a calibration issue with the projector, and that it’s using different calibration settings for different input resolutions and/or refresh rates? Or, if there’s a cable problem that might manifest itself only for more demanding display modes.

The GUI appears to be ok although I can’t help thinking that I’m seeing a hint of orange there but it could be me being over paranoid!

I’m going to connect the newer Vero into the blu ray input as it’s another HDMI cable and that should tell me if it’s a cable issue.

I have a lot of movies on my NAS so I was triyng random ones to see if the issue occured on them. Paul and Peppermint had the orange tint and a couple of the Harry Potter movies and Passengers did’nt. Up until Monday when I noticed this problem none of the movies on my NAS were affected by it. And like you said earlier I did’nt update the Vero until Monday night. It’s just seems so strange.

The only thing I’ve done in my cinema room is factory reset my receiver (on Sunday) because I got new speakers and wanted to rerun the Audyssey setup from new.

Yes it seemed to have sorted the issue with Knives Out and a couple of other movies but Honest Thief still has the orange tint along with a couple of other movies I tried.

I might factory reset the projector and see if that changes anything. It hasn’t been proffessionally calibrated so I won’t be losing any settings.

I just seems like such a mystery considering I have’nt changed any settings on the projector or the Vero :man_shrugging:

Just to note that the older Vero I have is fine on both the projector and TV.