OSCM playback appears to halt after a few seconds when playing multi channel video

Hi all, I’m not sure if this is a TV issue or OSMC issue - I have done some testing and found the following:
When playing a multi channel movie (2.1, 3.0, 3.1, 5.1 - doesn’t matter, anything above 2.0) on my Bauhn (ALDI) TV, the file opens and plays for a few seconds then quickly slows to a few fps then stops. There is no audio at all however the files appears to be still playing (elapsed time is increasing).

I have tried two different model Pis, a different HDMI cable and the same happens every time. If I change OSMC audio settings to 2.0 output and play a 5.1 file, it works fine. If I change OSMC audio settings to 2.1+ output and play a 2.0 file, it works fine. AAC/Dolby Digital makkes no difference.

Changing passthrough settins does not appear to make any difference.
Has anyone seen this before?

/Pred.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Hi thanks for the reply!
The log url is: https://paste.osmc.tv/uquborudit

I think it may be something to do with the TV’s sound capabilities not getting through. I would try rebooting the RPi with the TV on and see if that makes a difference. If not, maybe try a different input on your TV.

Hi all still have this problem. I’m convinced it’s the tv that is the culprit but not sure why (or how) this is the case. The latest osmc update did not make any change.
I might try using my receiver between the pi and the tv but will need to set up my old flirc or something as the amp does not work with CEC.