OSMC 14.2 loop crash after update

Hi guys,

after i upgrated my raspberry 2 with “apt-get upgrade”, i have a crash-loop at boot, with sad face !

This is my log: http://paste.osmc.io/elucobemuj

thaks!

I suspect the log file you’ve provided is from a previous session, because it doesn’t show any problems - just a normal start up then a user initiated shutdown.

The most likely reason for a sad face and no (up to date) log file after an update is running right out of disk space. Check your free disk space with:

df -h

And post it here. Also post the output of:

sudo journalctl | paste-log

yeah, you are right for old log.

osmc@osmc:~$ df -h
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/root        59G   34G   22G  62% /
devtmpfs        364M     0  364M   0% /dev
tmpfs           368M     0  368M   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs           368M  5.0M  363M   2% /run
tmpfs           5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
tmpfs           368M     0  368M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/mmcblk0p1  240M   22M  218M  10% /boot
tmpfs            74M     0   74M   0% /run/user/1000

I have 22GB of free space, so i think that isn’t a problem of space…

osmc@osmc:~$ sudo journalctl | paste-log
mktemp: failed to create file via template '/tmp/tmp.XXXXXXXXXX': Read-only file system
-bash: $tmp: ambiguous redirect
http://paste.osmc.io/bitaqejotu

I think i have some problem with permission…

You have file system corruption which is causing your filesystem to mount read only. Boot with shift held down on a keyboard to run a filesystem scan which should repair it.

Prior to this problem have you had any unexpected freezes or have you been pulling the power plug without shutting down properly ?

Also what model of SD card are you using ? There were compatibility issues with a few models of SD card on the Pi 2 prior to RC3 so there might have been some pre-existing filesystem corruption due to that.

You have file system corruption which is causing your filesystem to mount read only. Boot with shift held down on a keyboard to run a filesystem scan which should repair it.

do it, but doesn’t work.

Prior to this problem have you had any unexpected freezes or have you been pulling the power plug without shutting down properly ?

Yes, sometime i have pulling the power without shutting down the system.

Also what model of SD card are you using ? There were compatibility issues with a few models of SD card on the Pi 2 prior to RC3 so there might have been some pre-existing filesystem corruption due to that.

My SD card is: SanDisk SDSDQL-064G-G35 Ultra MicroSDXC UHS-I, 64 GB, C10

What do you mean it doesn’t work ? A bit more detail please…

Do you mean that you don’t get a text screen running fsck ? Or that it runs but you still have problems when you reboot ?

You could try running it via SSH:

/sbin/fsck /

Then reboot with the reboot command.

Don’t do that then. You’ll get away with it most of the time but eventually you’ll cause the problem you’ve just seen.

After that i tried with “/sbin/fsck /” the system is booted correctly without sad-face, after 3 second the system is crashing with sad-face and after automatic reboot the system is booted correctly without sad-face! wow

This is the log:

osmc@osmc:~$ sudo journalctl | paste-log
http://paste.osmc.io/tukimiwosa

Don't do that then. You'll get away with it most of the time but eventually you'll cause the problem you've just seen.

Yes, you are right ! my fault

There are some tests that i need to do for to check some error in my system configuration? for precaution…

So kodi crashed again once after the fsck but is now working ok ?

exactly!