OSMC 18.2 PVR other Guide views gone

I have TVheadend running the PVR on my RaspPi with OSMC.

Just updated to easter update and now when going into the PVR menu, it shows two views, guide and channels. From the guide view side menu you used to be able to see a two other view options, a list view of NOW and NEXT with a list of what the guide had playing currently, and what was playing next. These options are now nowhere to be seen.

The update was supposed to be a better PVR experiance, but from first views, seems the opposite.

So, we don’t know what Pi, what PVR client, what skin, etc …

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device

• reproduce the issue (here navigate to the PVR menu showing the “missing” items)

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Greatings from Germany und weiterhin einen schönen Osterfeiertag,

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I have everything pretty standard. I have a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and am running the TVheadend client from the OSMC app store, I have only put official OSMC releases on the pi, and I have the official osmc skin enabled. and have/had the settings level on expert.

Here is a screen shot of where the other view options used to be.

Channels shows a list of all the channels available, guide used to have the option on that menu to change to NOW or NEXT, that would pull up a list of everything in the guide that was now playing, or what was up next.

Let me know if a log is still needed, I believe this is an intended part of the OSMC 18 release, so its not really a bug. Just want it back.

These views have been declared deprecated by Kodi and are gone from all skins in v18. This is not a bug.

1 Like

Ok, that sucks. Thanks for the info. Case closed I guess.

Yes, unfortunately there’s not much to be done. Can’t really comment on the intention of the removal. This is all the information there is: [cleanup][pvr] get rid of obsolete guide views by xhaggi · Pull Request #10838 · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub

1 Like