Osmc 20.2 netflix castagnaIT

log upload http://paste.osmc.tv/epakisajux

new RPI4. loaded osmc 20.2

load dependencies for netflix as per How install the addon · CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix Wiki · GitHub (for kodi 19 and above)

missing dependencies when trying to install netflix (and other repo’s but concentrate on Netflix)

reformatted a couple of times.

Note I cannot connect to the kodi addons repo.

not sure if it osmc or netflix issue

I see this has alreeady been posted here. Same issue.

Ok, this should be fixed since a while back. When you reimage, do you look for updates in MyOSMC`? There have been issues with “auto installing dependecies” from time to time. and then again netflix uses widevine, which encrypts the video stream, which means we need to decrypt it. There is a dependecie that kodi-addon repo wont fill, since it’s a system dependency. I used to have a little prep script on github, but i’ve been preoccupied with other stuff, so it hasn’t been maintained.

But I got netflix running on my newly imaged Vero, just last week. So I know it works, just have to figure out which system package is missing. My guess is that this will be solved with a quick, shell session.

Login via ssh and run these three commands:

sudo apt-get update 
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo apt-get install python3-cryptography

This will update the os and then install the cryptography library

This is the manual fix apparently

Someone else ended up fixing this by manually downloading and installing the signals addon

Doesn’t seem to be in the main repository anymore?

What is not where?

osmc@osmc-pi4:~$ sudo apt-get install python3-cryptography
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
The following additional packages will be installed:
  python3-cffi-backend
Suggested packages:
  python-cryptography-doc python3-cryptography-vectors
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  python3-cffi-backend python3-cryptography
0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 281 kB of archives.
After this operation, 1,379 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] 

The signals addon apparently has been removed from main repository. I assume they mean the kodi repository.

I note the kodi repository cannot be connected to.

Made no difference to missing dependencies

osmc@osmc:~$ sudo apt-get install python3-cryptography
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree… Done
Reading state information… Done
The following additional packages will be installed:
python3-cffi-backend
Suggested packages:
python-cryptography-doc python3-cryptography-vectors
The following NEW packages will be installed:
python3-cffi-backend python3-cryptography
0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 281 kB of archives.
After this operation, 1,379 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
Get:1 Index of /debian bullseye/main armhf python3-cffi-backend armhf 1.14.5-1 [76.9 kB]
Get:2 Index of /debian bullseye/main armhf python3-cryptography armhf 3.3.2-1 [205 kB]
Fetched 281 kB in 0s (726 kB/s)
Selecting previously unselected package python3-cffi-backend:armhf.
(Reading database … 42958 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack …/python3-cffi-backend_1.14.5-1_armhf.deb …
Unpacking python3-cffi-backend:armhf (1.14.5-1) …
Selecting previously unselected package python3-cryptography.
Preparing to unpack …/python3-cryptography_3.3.2-1_armhf.deb …
Unpacking python3-cryptography (3.3.2-1) …
Setting up python3-cffi-backend:armhf (1.14.5-1) …
Setting up python3-cryptography (3.3.2-1) …
osmc@osmc:

Just to inform you, scipt.module.addon.signals is still a part of kodi repo, it’s in matrix repo, but nexus uses matrix since they are compatible. There are just a few addons that have made it to the nexus repo, often because the have been update since nexus was released.

look here:

So as I said, there is an issue getting dependencies to auto-install from time to time, it’s not consistent so it’s hard to diagnose. But try updating your system via apt-get or MyOSMC, after a fresh install, before starting to load non-official addons. I know netflix is almost official, but still.

did that a few times already.

Always the same outcome

you say kodi using using matrix repo on the nexus build. where does the address of the matrix repo reside in kodi as it may be an error as I cannot connect to the kodi repo. Not sure kodi repo was in repo list until I loaded netflix repo.

This is just as I unmderstood it, since I can clearly see addon.signals in matrix, but i got it installed in nexus, by automation. When I installed Netflix, last week, just before the weekend. On my freshly imaged Vero. No issue.

But I have had, from time to time, problems with non-official addons, not getting auto-install of dependecies. It’s not consitent, might be network issue or soemthing else, just haven’t amnaged to pin point it yet.

just for info I install netflix a week or 2 ago and basically working but reinstalled due to buffering issues. (worked out today my new pi4 not as sensitive as my pi3 on wifi) Waited to weekend to reinstall. Move pi4 to same room as router to fix wifi and now persistant dependency issues. Was wondering if kodi.addon site down. Note sure what to ping yet.

I shall continue playing tomorrow. Getting late down under.

I can understand the “save bandwidth”, as many of my 90’s online friends was from downunder. But the most likely resolution would be to clean install, grab the latest update, reboot and then install python3-cryptography, then netflix-addon, which in turn will get isa-helper. which will grab libwidevine.so. But in order to get it to install ISA-helper, it must first be completly installed, and this is just speculation from my point, but I wonder if one unmet dependecy can halt a try to resolve another?? I’m not that familiar how Kodi handles this.

And today everything works fine. Followed same instructions I wrote down previously.

Only thing I did differently was delete everything relating to osmc from my desktop downloads folder as I had multiple copies of the osmc loader app and I may have kept using old downloaded loaders instead of the 4th and 5th iterations that I had downloaded in recent days. Everything clean worked fine.

Now I just need to buy wifi extender so I can run it in my bedroom.

Call it closed.

p.s. Many thanks for your quick support yesterday.

Sorry for late reply, but I thought I link to a piece of vital information. And to confirm your initial thought. What I didn’t know when I replied, but helped Sam investigate later, was a missbehaving osmc-mirror of the kodi-repo.