OSMC 2018.04-1 ---17.6 crashes everyday

OK here is my setup I have Windows 7 pro running 24/7 on a i7-2700 CPU 3.50 GHz with 16 gigs of ram with HDhomerun with 6 tuners recording and then sent to MCEbuddy which in return moves it to the WD Mycloud which I have 16 TBs on it. All hooked up to the Raspberrys with 1000/100 network. They all have the library scanned in with no trouble. So question is do the Raspberry’s running out of RAM ? to handle the Library ? Or do I have this setup wrong ?

Clearly I misread the situation, since I thought OSMC was failing during the initial scan.

If it’s failing when querying the (local) database on the Pi, it definitely suggests that offloading all the database work to a central MySQL server would be the way forward. The obvious place to host the database would be on your 24/7 Windows 7 box. And yes, MariaDB / MySQL run on Windows 7, though I’ve not installed either myself on any version of Windows.

Well scanned my NAS to see how many TVshow I have ! WOW It really shocked me ! Over 36000 episodes

Kodi’s database code is a bit “sub-optimal” at the best of times, so I’m not surprised it crashed-out on a Pi.

Assuming each show is on average 30 minutes long, that’s 18,000 hours of viewing. It would take you more than 2 years of 24/7 viewing to see them all. That’s without sleeping or any “comfort” breaks.