OSMC Alpha 3 lands!

One thing I notice across some of the menus is the highlighted text when navigating could be a heavier weighted bold. Sometimes it’s hard to distinguish the selection. Notice it more so on the menus that are all white and gray-white.

When using the OSD when playing a movie and selecting audio options. Make a change and select “Set as default for all videos” the NO and YES prompt is too high and obscures part of the message

Thanks for mentioning that. I’ll let the designers know

Sam

As an example if you navigate to the MY OSMC settings ->Settings-osmcsetting.updates the highlighted text looks very close to the same font weight and color as the unhighlighted text. maybe it’s just my old eyes, but a heavier weighted font may be better.

Silly question but how do i go about installing this on my raspberry pi 512mb?

dont matter figured it out

Is anyone had issues when scanning movies in out of 773 only 103 scan and then it stops and I have even if I re try to update it stops my data Base is fine as worked fine on alpha 2 and rasbmc

We need a debug log here.

total noob here how do i get the debug log for you guys ?

Start here http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced

Honestly though, not to cause any offense but, as a noob, running an Alpha build might not be wise if what you are looking for is a stable system. This is not ready for public consumption as a daily driver. Also, until it reaches final release and the upgrade path is solidified, you will likely have to do complete re-installs to get updated/added features/functions/versions.

i am aware that its not a finished build and my daily use is rasbmc on another Rpi
but as a noob i still want to be able to help and give any input but if its not needed then i will just await the final build

1 Like

I am having the same problem. Tried with a number of different USBs, with no success. Always the “Install failed: can’t mount root.” error… I’m trying now using just the SD.

SD working OK.

Rasp config set to High speed via my OSMC, no freezes yet.

Had to change to Confluence as the default skin was not showing correctly, much information falling off the screen (font size problem??)

Finally got some time to run the SD only install… Everything looks pretty good so far, UI is pretty quick and responsive and the Super OC seems stable. One thing I did notice was the video calibration screen needs some attention. Arrow for the Bottom Right has text reading Top Left and vice versa and the Square box and subtitle bar are present for both but once the text reads “Adjust the rectangle so it is perfectly square” the box disappears so some kinks to work on there.

@sam_nazarko - I made it to the shop and now have a USB to TTL Debug/Console cable if you’d like to get some more diagnostic info on the failing USB install… since I am not the only one having this problem (thanks and my apologies @hernanp).

Duke

Hi

I see other people are having this problem so I’ll take a look at it today. That’s not to say your debugging cable is wasted though.

I think this has occurred as I’ve slimlined the installer kernel a lot and have probably ommitted a necessary module.

Sam

@sam_nazarko Can you confirm that Wifi should in this version? A quick try this morning before I went to work showed that my Pi was not connected to the network.

Should be yes. If you can get access to it at all (via a Wired connection), this would help immensely:

sudo /usr/bin/preseed

and then uploading the contents of journalctl:

sudo journalctl | paste

and putting the URL here

CC @DBMandrake

Sam

Hi, thanks for alpha 3 version!!!

In Alpha 2 I tried to compiled the kernel for use my usb device (dvt realtek 2832u chip) but was impossible for me, is possible that this usb device works in this new version? Can I compile a new kernel with this support?,

Thanks.

@sam_nazarko: This is the URL I get from the commands you suggested to try:

http://paste.osmc.io/bibicacero

Jan 20 19:24:10 osmc preseed[513]: Second technology.Scan() failed.
Jan 20 19:24:20 osmc preseed[513]: Mapping SSID to service
Jan 20 19:24:20 osmc preseed[513]: Unable to find wireless network Carthago8_nomap```

We'll look at this.

What WiFi USB are you using? Can you get dmesg output so we can identify the chipset?

Cheers

Sam