OSMC (alpha) builds for other supported plattforms?

When will there be a first OSMC alpha build (with installer) for other supported plattforms? I’m thinking especially about other i.MX6 devices like Utilite Pro, CuBox-i …

When they’re ready.

Not trying to be obtuse here, it’s just easier to develop for one platform at the moment because the code is highly transferable.

I think we’re a week away for i.MX6. Would love testers so please check back here.

Cheers

Sam

I can understand you developing for one platform in the early alpha stage. I just wanted to know, how much longer I have to wait :smile:

With an ETA of one week (or to be on the save side say two weeks) I’m happy. At least I know how much longer I have to wait until I can get my hands on the first build. I love to help you as a Utilite Pro build tester.

I don’t know if I’ve got Utilite device tree set up yet. Can you show me their Wiki pages for kernel compilation so I can make sure we get support for that included?

Sam

Of course I can point you there.

There main wiki pages is here: CompuLab
The Utilite Linux Kernel wiki is here: CompuLab
U-Boot wiki: CompuLab
There Forum is here: CompuLab

Hope It helps.

Hi Sam. I know you must be quite busy. But still, did you yet had some little time to go through that wiki?
At the moment I’m overthinking my current media center situation at home. So it would be very useful to know, if the Compulab Utilite Pro will be capable of running OSMC. :wink:

I don’t have one of these so I think we’ll give this platform a miss for now

This was not that I was hoping for but at least I don’t have to hope anymore for something whats’s never will come true.

hey, are there any news on the CuBox-i build? Obviously it did’t make it to Alpha 4 (maybe due to raspberry pi 2)?
I’m really looking forward to this.

I hope to get some builds for that platform soon

Sam

any updates on the cubox port?

Working on an i.MX6 port

Im up for testing it on my cubox-i1…

@sam_nazarko the wiki States i.Mx6 support such as that in the cubox. Is this there as a future place holder since it does not appear to be available for download?

Loaded up a rpi today, so I’ll be playing with that, but if you need help testing on cubox I can load one up no problem. Just keep us updated with your progress

That is a placeholder

S

i will make sure that it ends up in Ignition for Solid run bootloader so it becomes available distrobution :smiley: when its done that is :smiley:

Really looking foward to loading this up on my Cubox-i4Pro Sam :smile:

(But not as much as I am looking foward to Vero + Netflix!)

any updates on i.MX6 build ?

Testing testing …

Anyone still alive here? :skull: