OSMC and alsa equalizer

Hi,

I search several posts but alsa equalizer doesn’t work on my RPI3, running current version of OSMC.
So far, I managed to install:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install alsa-utils
sudo apt-get install libasound2-plugin-equal -y

In KODI I changed Audio output device to ALSA bcm:2835.

Now, if I change volume with alsamixer this affect to output sound level, but if I i run:
alsamixer -D equal
and make some changes, output sound doesn’t change.

I found some posts to configure ALSA in asound.conf, but I don’t have enough knowledge, to make it works.

Command aplay -l return this:

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 0: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA]
Subdevices: 6/7
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
Subdevice #4: subdevice #4
Subdevice #5: subdevice #5
Subdevice #6: subdevice #6
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 1: bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI [bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Can somebody please help me to make equalizer works?
Thanks.

You might need to run sudo alsactl store to save your settings.

Sorry, that din’t work. I flowed several guides to set up equalizer, but with no luck. Only alsamixer works. I read, that changing equalizer should effect audio output immediately.

My asound.conf looks like this:

pcm.!default {
type hw card 0
}
ctl.!default {
type hw card 0
}

Is it even possible to use alsa equalizer with OSMC?
Any suggestions please?

Any luck? I have exact same problem and struggling to find solution. OSMC is now using XBMC 18.8 and I am trying to use alsa equal plug-in configurations. I can see alsa in drop down in kodi audio settings but not equal.
Setting to Alsa does not make any difference to the audio when changing equalizers in my equal.

When I play music using aplay -D equal song.wav, I see the equalizers working… great, how can I get kodi to use them? I want to use them when I airplay my music to my pi.

same problem here, can’t get Kodi to see the alsa equalizer channel.
this thread offered a possible solution, which didn’t workhttps://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/59110/osmc-does-not-list-alsa-output-when-equalizer-plugin-configured

I’m getting pretty discouraged from fiddling with this open source crap for hours and hours, just to get something basic like an equalizer to work. Apparently the real solution is spending +500USD on an audio receiver with an equalizer.

Your choice …