Capturing Hardware > Capture Platform > Width
Capturing Hardware > Capture Platform > Capture Frequency
Capturing Hardware > Capture Platform > Device
Image Processing > Smoothing > Time
Image Processing > Smoothing > Update Frequency
Image Processing > Smoothing > Update Delay
Image Processing > Smoothing > Continuous Output

That would be really helpful!

I found that the Smoothing seems to bog down the Vero so that the controlling of the menus becomes painfully unresponsive. So I turned off the smoothing currently.

But that did not solve the lag problem (see above)

Hi @hissingshark,

I’m glad you’re still keeping up the the nice work with the hyperion installer - any chance you’ll update to Hyperion 2.0.0-alpha.6 soon?

I’d be happy to get back in the game but am not sure if I’d be able to build it again without your script :wink:

best regards
Anthrax

Typical. I only updated the binaries 10 days ago to 2.0.0-alpha.5… and the Philips Hue API changes appear to have finally been merged with Alpha 6. I assume it’s those you are after?

I only update the binaries and the installer once I have definitely tested a commit myself. I don’t have a Hue setup to test, so if you were able to build, test and report back that would be very helpful to all I’m sure.

Don’t forget you can run the installer with any commit number to build from a specific version. So that means for alpha 6 you just need to run:
sudo ./install.sh f5583de
Remember to ENABLE:
AMLOGIC
FB
QT
V4L2

I hope SJunkies work has paid off! I know like me you have been following their PR request since last year.

UPDATE:
Builds and runs so far as I can tell. Hue is up to you…

You got me! :wink: Thank you so much!

I’ll try to build with the commit # then…

I’m gonna report back when done.

Anthrax

Is there a way to set them back to default? Only tweaks I may have done were

• the new API key thing to make it work
  • Maybe something to make it do 4K?

Happy to reset to what you have (can you share settings?)

I’ll post you my config…

desktop2

Thank you that was helpful regarding capturing and smoothing! Smoothing was bogging down my vero, but with your setting it is fine. Wondering why you are not using settings level “Expert”, but guess then the expert settings are on default values in your config, right?

However, the actual lagging problem is very curiously happening when I am running the Vero on ethernet (my preferred mode) and not when I run in on wlan (I would rather not, in order to keep the wlan free for the mobile machines).

Since in both cases the same wifi AP is delivering to WLED, the culprit could only be the Unifi switches (unlikely), or OSMC on Vero somehow being slow on the ethernet interface ( i have no idea what would be going on there).

I am quite puzzled!

Good question regarding the “expert” settings… I’ll set it up quite some time ago and never changed it since it’s just working. I would suspect it to be pretty default, at least I can’t remember chaning much out of the ordinary. Regarding Wlan/Ethernet… I have mine wired too without any issue.

I’m on default settings (plus API of course) for the YouTube app. Backup what you have and select those.

What guide have you followed for the 4K/HDR?

No idea… one somewhere on here… at some point…? (I r smart!)

So basically this 1080p+ with Youtube - #15 by angry.sardine
If I turn off dash YouTube happily loads 720 videos. If I turn on dash and set the http proxy… It does the odd screen (photo above)

You should be able to play 4K videos from YouTube, but not yet in HDR.

I’m sure it used to (I don’t mind about HDR) but with the Hyperion set up I get the image I posted above (basically static on the screen). Stopping the Hyperion service, the youtube video plays fine.

That should be solved soon enough.
It seems like it’s harder to install the YouTube add-on with API keys than to get HDR working.

:crazy_face:

Hi @hissingshark,

just tried to build from source with the most current commit number and it worked beautifully!

Thank you very much - this makes it almost too easy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

bye
Anthrax

Anyone else had problems with severe lag with the latest build from @hissingshark’s installer? Guessing it’s more related to changes from Hyperion, but curious if anyone else has experienced this.

The version before the update to 2.0 of Hyperion was butter smooth on my Vero4k+ but after the update, it’s quite sluggish and lags behind a fair bit, in both effects and grabbing.

Uninstalling and installing v1.0 again and it works great and super smooth again. Running against a NodeMCU with UDPRaw for 277 LEDs and the latest version of OSMC. Tried with both pre-compiled binaries and compiling myself.

Not noticed it myself, but I’m driving an “Adalight” over USB. It won’t be the installer itself, but Hyperion itself may well have introduced a regression. I’m sure their devs would welcome a bug report if you can narrow it down to a specific commit

So far I’ve tried both alpha.5 and alpha.6 so both of these have the same issue. I’ll try the previous ones too and see if I can find when the issue was introduced and report it to the developers!