OSMC and PI2, unsupported version 9 of Verdef record

Hi,

I have installed OSMC on my PI.
After a drastic switch off of my PI (due of my cat :expressionless:), at the reboot, the OS does not start.
It is stuck on the Logo boot, and at the top of the screen are reported:

/sbin/init: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgcc_so.1: unsupported version 9 of Verdef record
/sbin/init: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgcc_so.1: unsupported version 9 of Verdef record
/sbin/init: error while loading shared libraries: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgcc_so.1: unsupported version 0 of verneed record

I tried to use ssh or connect a keyboard to enter in shell and try to fix this error, but I was not able to open any kind of terminal.

Do you have any suggestion to fix it, maybe without formatting and reinstalling the system?
It is fine also if I can have a backup of my home/etc, there are a lot of my configurations and it will be a little boring do everything again…

You could download a Linux LiveCd and backup your home directory

But realistically you will need to reinstall I’m afraid

Sam

Connecting the PI SD to Ubuntu partition I was no able to read the data. :frowning: it does not reveal any device connected to the computer!

None at all would be strange considering that at least the FAT partition was still intact to boot a bit.
Whats the output from dmesg?

You means the dmesg of my osmc or of my Ubuntu partition when I have connected the SD of my osmc?
For the former, the only information that I have are presented in the main post. I was no able to get any log or other stuff.
For the latter, the results is similar. When I have connected to the pc the PI’s SD, ubunto does not give to me any communication or other stuff, just like if I have not connected any device!

Meant dmesg from Ubuntu. But if you don’t see a single line in there appearing when you plug in the SD Card then unfortunately the card is physically dead and nothing to rescue.
So suggest to get a quality SD Card (e.g. from OSMC Shop) and then consider to enable daily back ups for the future.