OSMC and Raspberry PI does not shutdown while powered by TV

I downloaded and installed OSMC about 2 weeks ago and very happy with it, but i have one nagging problem.
I am powering the PI through my Vizio M322i-B1 TV USB port and is working great with the output via HDMI with ARC and CEC working well.
Here is my problem, when in Kodi, i tell it to power off or even exit. Then i turn my TV off, only to have what seems to be the PI reboot and turn on the TV and go into kodi. Kind of annoying when it’s time for bed. Any ideas.
Thanks

Easiest solution is not to power it via your tv usb and just leave it on all the time …

It’s a bad idea to power your Pi from a TV USB port for two reasons:

1. Most TV’s can’t supply sufficient power to run the Pi reliably.
  2. Turning off the TV cuts the power to the Pi without allowing it to be shut down properly.

In short, don’t do it.

If I must then i will, just so close to having the perfect setup. turn off tv turn off pi. i was hoping.

Thanks Luna and DBMandrake, I will plug it in tonight and see if it shuts down properly and not reboot and wake up the TV. I will update you as soon as i can.

Why are you even turning the pi off? It’s not designed to be turned off. Otherwise it would have a power switch… It’s not as if you are saving money, it costs $2 a year for it to idle.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=223762&pid=1978507#pid1978507

All, Thanks for the help. I finally received a 2 amp power supply that would fit in my recessed outlet. it is indeed the solution. I was not worried about saving money, just thought controlling both would be ideal with the TV remote through CCE. Generally it goes several days to week without being needed so i thought that might save wear and tear as well. I appreciate all of your input. I have one more issue about upnp and will post it soon.

Thanks !!