OSMC as a feed into a TV program

Hi. I’m new to this forum (so please be kind!)

Has anyone any experience of using OSMC as a feed into a vision mixer when making TV programs or live streaming?

I have built 2 RPi3s and am very pleased with how they work. I can stream from private YouTube videos hidden on our channel or from a local file server.

What I miss is a second output - the video with the status overlay on it for use on a preview monitor - and for the second screen never to have overlays on it.

Load to the first frame and auto stop at end would be very helpful too in this application.

I was wondering about RPi4s with their dual outputs, but have read there are issues with hardware replay on these that could take quite a while to be developed.

Any insight or help would be gratefully received!

This isn’t possible unfortunately.
I don’t think OSMC or Kodi would be the best tool for this. Kodi doesn’t handle multiple displays very well currently.

Thanks for your reply, @sam_nazarko

I have found the remote web interface shows play times & status, so that’s an alternative to a second screen.

Any ideas whether Kodi could be coaxed to load a video then pause (or seek to 1st frame) when selected?

If hardware acceleration is disabled this should be possible.
But individual frame advance depends on the device you are using and its hardware acceleration implementation.

Sounds promising - any ideas how I could modify the video opening code to do this?

Use SeekPercentage as the player control would probably be the only realistic option

I think search Kodi Forum can give you some hints
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=144460&page=3

Sounds like you want a presentation program. One that will display the video on one screen and a user interface on the other. Many programs are out there that can do this. OSMC is not one of them. Unfortunately, I don’t know one that works on RPi’s. Search for programs like EasyWorship or ProPresenter. It is some of the programs churches use to display lyrics on a projector.

I do have EasyWorship, @wbeard52, but I’d prefer to have multiple media players feeding into the vision mixer. RPis look ideal for this and OSMC is working really well. I just want to load and pause when I click on a video!