OSMC boots at 720p everytime

Hi,
I’ve a problem with my OSMC Rpi2 installation: it boots everytime at 1360x768 @ 60.00 and keeps using this resolution despite my TV (LG 32LH3000) is a full hd one!

Here is the log: http://paste.osmc.io/oyosopoxut.

What can I do?

Thanks.

Did you try changing the resolution in settings ?

If I understood that log, you have the system set to take the edid data from a stored edid file. Did you do that when you had a different TV/Monitor connected?
Derek

Yes, there was another tv set connected in the past.
I did a clean to my config.txt file:

gpu_mem_1024=256
over_voltage=0
force_turbo=0
sdtv_mode=0
over_voltage_sdram=0
core_freq=450
initial_turbo=0
start_x=1
max_usb_current=1
sdtv_aspect=1
disable_overscan=1
arm_freq=900
sdram_freq=450
hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1
hdmi_mode=16

but the Rpi2 continues to boot at 720p.
Changing the resolution in Kodi System did the trick (1080p @ 60 Hz) but I wondew why I had to do this. I’ve never had to change the Kodi Video output defaults with my old Samsung TV because it started at 1080p by default…

It depends entirely what the TV reports as its “native” mode. Just because the TV supports 1080p input does not necessarily mean that it is a 1920x1080 panel, nor that the TV reports 1080p as it’s preferred mode.

For example on a 32" Samsung that we used to have it supported signal input of up to 1080p however the native panel resolution was actually 1368x768 and was reported by EDID to be the “preferred” resolution, thus my Pi would always initially boot up in 1368x768. I set 1920x1080 manually in Kodi.

Your choices are to either set the resolution in Kodi (in which case it will still boot in the “preferred” resolution but then switch to the higher res when Kodi loads) or use config.txt settings to change the initial boot resolution in which case the entire boot process will be in this mode.