OSMC DVB-T2 not showing in TVHeadend

I recently bought the OSMC DVB-T2 dongle from the OSMC Store and I’m trying to use it on a Vero 2. I flashed the Vero 2 with 2018-04.1 version of OSMC. I installed TVHeadend from the OSMC App Store. The adapter shows up in lsusb as “Bus 002 Device 002: ID 15f4:0131 HanfTek” but it is not showing up in TVHeadend under TV Adapters. I have tried the adapter in a different USB port.

I can’t find a How-To on setting this up, although the description on the store says “simply install TVHeadend from the app store” so suggests it shouldn’t requite much work. Most of the issues I can see in the community relate to the Vero 4K and mostly regarding only getting DVB-T and not DVB-T2 so I’m struggling a bit with this.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Thanks for that. I have used TVHeadend before on different setups so I have an idea of the steps to set it up, but my problem is that the tuners are not showing up in TVHeadend. On the TV Adapters tab, I just have an empty TV adapters folder.

Hi,

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

So, in summary:

• activate the logging
  • reboot the OSMC device
  • reproduce the issue
  • upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A
  • publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

Tom.

https://paste.osmc.tv/amafiwolel

I didn’t backport the DVB-T2 support for Vero 2 as the kernel is older and it’s a lot trickier. I also didn’t want to risk breaking anything.

I’ll look in to the feasibility of this for you tomorrow.
Of course, you can return the dongle for a full refund if it can’t be made to work on your device.

Sam