OSMC freezes on "Please Wait" when activating Bluetooth discovery

Hello everyone,

I’ve been using OSMC on my RPi3 for the past 3 months and I have to say that I love it! Amazing job guys! :slight_smile:

I do have an issue right now though, with the latest update - June - in regards to the Bluetooth. Whenever I go into My OSMC to activate Bluetooth, I activate it successfully, but when I tap on “Start/Stop Discovery”, the screen freezes on the “Please Wait” notification (the notification is live, meaning that the skin’s “Please Wait” animation is active). It does, however, detect any BT devices in the background, but with that notification in the foreground, I can’t select anything from the discovered devices list. The only way to get out of that is to restart the RPi manually by power cycling or through SSH, with the sudo systemctl restart mediacenter command (yes, SSH is still active when the notification is on screen).

Also, if I turn on BT (without connecting to anything or attempting to discover any devices) and restart the RPi, upon starting up again, BT is disabled.

I’m trying to connect to this adapter Getting Started - Wireless Speaker Adapter – Logitech Support + Download, but I wasn’t able to do it in the past at all, so I was hoping that this update would fix the connection problems. But that’s a different topic :slight_smile:

Think you could help, please?

You would need the A2DP packages for that. Have you installed that?

Possibly caused by [package][mediacenter-addon-osmc] dont use bluez to find if we are di… · osmc/osmc@1184ecf · GitHub. A log will be helpful.

I didn’t know I had to manually install them. Is this the right topic where I’d find the installation instructions: [Deprecated] [TESTING] Bluetooth audio streaming (A2DP) - #322 by the_bo ? If not, think you could point me to the right topic for installation instructions, please?

As for the log, I can get it tonight, once I get home, but I’m not sure where I can find it :frowning:

Did you read Wiki - OSMC? You should find information on how to get a proper log there, as well as some information on Bluetooth.

I checked the wiki and I was thinking of pulling the log manually, instead of going through the My OSMC utility and uploading the log like that, but no biggie, I’ll do it like that then.

As for BT, I didn’t find much in the Wiki, except for how to connect a BT device, that’s why I thought I’d ask for help on the forum. Maybe I didn’t look in the right place :frowning: If that’s the case, my bad. If you could point me in the right direction, that would be awesome.

Thank you!

The issue with Bluetooth discovery should now be fixed. You just need to update via My OSMC -> Updates.

The thread you linked to re. BT audio streaming is the correct one, but please be advised this is very experimental.

Sam

Awesome :slight_smile: Thank you very much :slight_smile:

I’ll try updating ina few hours, oncw I get home :slight_smile: Thanks again :slight_smile: