OSMC Freezing after few seconds

Hi,
I need some ideas.
I have a Raspberry Pi 2 model B version 1.1.
It´s a bit old, but was working like a charm.
I confess I had the terrible problem of disable updating on my systems that are running fine. Happened on my OSMC since 2017. Last week I realize that there isn´t any update since that time so I tried to update it.
That is when issues starting.
I wasn´t able to update through system, so I decided to reinstall everything with the new version.
But when I boot the RPI decided to wipe everything, it asked to update so I just accept it and move on.
It really update it, but now my tv remote control doesn´t work anymore. It was working perfectly.
plus, after some days trying to solve this, I found an Keymap.xml from a last backup and decided to give it a try.
Then everything gone wild.
When I boot up, Kodi image was a little flickered, the OSMC work for less than 5 minutes then frooze and not even respond to ping, ssh nor local keyboard. I don´t have time to ssh it and navigate to get the logs…
I want to retrace my changes. Principally that change with the “keymap.xml” But I can´t have time to go there before freeze.
My first idea was boot directly on console, but can´t find how yet.

Thanks for any help,

Thiago

Information for access the command line can be found [here]. You can upload logs from the UI though which you can find information about [here]. It is rather hard to speculate what is going on without logs. If there was an error in a keymap I would expect Kodi to either crash much faster or just not load the keymap. CEC should have basic control working on a fresh install without a keymap as well so there seems to be something other than that keymap going on.

When you said you reinstalled do you mean you put your SD card into a PC and used the installer to make a completely new install or something else?

Maybe I was not clear enough.
I can´t get to Kodi in time before freeze. So I can´t get the logas that way.

And I would use the installer to make I completely new install but since asked to update I think that would be a better way.

So when you said “I wasn´t able to update through system, so I decided to reinstall everything with the new version” what exactly did you do?

If your system is freezing that quickly then the ssh method of log generation would be the method to try.

See here: OSMC hangs on boot – how to troubleshoot? - #4 by bendsch

@darwindesign I confess not remembering exactly what I do. Just that I decided to reinstall, when gone to TV to reboot OSMC, it asks to update and I accept.

@dillthedog I will give it a try. At least will be able to get the logs. Both OSMC´s and Kodi´s.

Thanks both of you,

Hi,
Sorry the delay, but today I reinstall my system. Fresh start should work right?
It did. All but my Windows 10 shares are working, so I´m closing this thread as solved since the issue now is another and not related.

Thanks a lot for all who tried to help.

Thiago