OSMC Home Screen Setup

Under Confluence in Raspbmc I had a minor edit to the XML that allowed Shortcuts from Movie on the home screen to take me directly to:
USTVNow (Streaming)
TED Talks (Streaming)
Children (\tower\movies\children -> File Browse)
Comedy (\tower\movies\comedy -> File Browse)
Horror (\tower\movies\horror -> File Browse)
ETC

1 - How do I add direct shortcuts to File Browse items in OSMC?
2 - How do I setup the browse to do Folder/File Structure Navigation (rather than Artist/Year/Etc)?

I need this to maintain WAF and CAF

Thanks!

Settings > Appearance > Skin > Settings > Customise Home Menu.

Thanks HitcherUK. I have the direct shortcut LABELS, but I am having a heck of a time figuring out how to bind clicking on Children to take me to the folder \tower\movies\children

FYI, this contains
\tower\movies\children\9\9.iso
\tower\movies\children\a_christmas_story\a_christmas_story.iso
…etc

Easiest way is to add it as a favourite, then check the favourites.xml for the path.

Not a lot of luck in the favorites.xml

Under customize Movies I do a custom action:
ActivateWindows(files,“smb://TOWER/media/movies/”,return)

I get CLOSE to what I am after: the file browse for the movie collection… however this instead takes me to the file/share add dual screen under the file manager.

Once I figure out the custom action for MOVIES, then I will add a siiliar custom action to each movies submenu.
ActivateWindows(files,“smb://TOWER/media/movies/children”,return)
ActivateWindows(files,“smb://TOWER/media/movies/comedy”,return)

Any Advice… I am again stuck!
Thanks

To me this sounds unnecessarily complicated, but maybe I am missing something?
Do you want to add e.g. a folder on your network share (that is added as a source) to the home screen?
Then just do this:

1. Browse to the folder (under videos/files)
  2. Highlight folder and Context menu; Add to favourites
  3. Go to Settings/Appearance/Skin-Settings
  4. Customise Home Menu
  5. Choose Add
  6. Choose Shortcut; choose Favourite and the folder you previously added to Favourites

As Hithcher mentioned, if you d this you will also see what the command should be.

Personally I use smart playlists for such things instead, but sometimes it´s not optimal.

3 Likes

I managed to get to point 3. But I don’t see a “Customise Home Menu” or something similar under Skin/Settings. Where do you find these?

Wait… do you use OSCM skin of Confluence?
This is not available in Confluence, but it is in OSMC.

Under Skin you can choose -Settings, and there you will find it (if you use the OSMC skin that is).

@Hitcher - I went WAY the wrong direction here (and had already removed/video/etc from the home screen)… reinstalled and started over

@Miappa - Brilliant! This works great - and is so much easier than the hoops I would jump through in Confluence :slight_smile: Cheers!

Oh My - I LOVE this new, easily configurable interface!

Pretty straight forward but never would have got there myself, thanks heaps