OSMC + LiveTV + Irdeto card

hello all,

im using dvb-t dongle for watching live tv on RPi1. we have 12 free chanells in our country. 7 are for some price. they are using Irdeto card for decode the payd chanells.i found omnikey card reader, that should be able to read the irdeto card. my question is, can osmc work with the omnikey card reader? it will be possible to run it on raspberry/osmc?

thanks and good night :slight_smile:

Old question but this is still my interest… :slightly_smiling:

OSMC is based on debian jessie. So maybe you can try to figure out if the omnikey card reader is supported by debian jessie. If that is the case likelyhood to get it working on OSMC is very high.

thx for quick reply…
i found this on their support website:

libccid library
This USB CCID device is supported by the libccid library.
This library provides a PC/SC IFD handler implementation for the USB smart card interface devices compliant to the CCID protocol.
Gemalto is actively involved in the development and improvement of this library.
This library is packaged and distributed by most of the Linux distributions.
TIPS: Use the package manager from your specific Linux distribution to search for the libccid library and install it.

so when i want install it, the library is available:
root@osmc_tv:/home/osmc# apt-get install libccid Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required: apt-transport-https libbluray1 libcurl3-gnutls rbp2-image-4.3.3-2-osmc Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them. The following extra packages will be installed: libusb-1.0-0 Suggested packages: pcmciautils The following NEW packages will be installed: libccid libusb-1.0-0 0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded. Need to get 211 kB of archives. After this operation, 470 kB of additional disk space will be used. Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

So now the question is, how the TVHeadend will communicate with the card reader? or automatically will decode the restricted chanells?

Suggest to check TVHeadend on that topic