Osmc-no-secure-path edited!

That should not have broken your PATH.

As already mentioned you are most likely faster my making a backup and start from scratch.
Alternative post the URL from this two commands and we can try to help you

history | paste-log
grab-logs -A

Well I’ll just try to restart from scratch with my modification of skin.confluence - and keep checking if sudo ldconfig still works.

Probably I will find there it goes wrong… I hope so.

Thanks until now.

http://paste.osmc.io/eqozinokap

http://paste.osmc.io/ajonuxokiy

After having reboot once and started from scratch the sudo ldconfig doesn’t work…

When trying to fx. “sudo apt-get dist-upgrade”

I’m getting this error.
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)

It works when I do sudo -i first, but this should be necessary? Should it?

I am confused here, did you already do a clean reinstall and sudo ldconfig is not working on that?

It worked first time, but didn’t after reboot. The only thing I had installed was zsh.

That might be the source of your problem with a none working PATH, why did you install it?

Why is zsh a non working path? “Getting oh-my-zsh to work in Ubuntu · GitHub

Because I really hate to work in bash?

That is the problem.

I mentioned in an earlier post that you should check which shell is being used when you run ./build, and I specifically mentioned:

I’m not sure why you would choose to omit this, it’s quite important.

zsh is a second class citizen on Debian. If you want to use it, then you need to set PATH manually yourself. OSMC will only fully and officially support a BusyBox shell interpreter and Bash

Then I guess I neither won’t be able to download wiringPi??

You can set up wiringPi just fine using the default shell.

Well so I won’t be able to have zsh installed on my Pi?

You can use zsh on your Pi but then you must configure PATH manually.

It’s not officially supported however and may cause breakage.

I really doesn’t understand what that freaking “PATH” is? Is it an abbreviation for something?

Simply put, it’s an enviroment variable that lets the system search certain folders for executables.