OSMC not creating movie/tvshow folders etc

I just installed OSMC on my Raspberry Pi2 (coming from OpenElec). But i’m having some trouble:

I’ve tried to add movies from my Synology NAS (NFS, cabled conn.), as well as TV-shows. It scans and everything but a ‘Movie’ folder is never added to the main menu. Same thing with TV Shows. I’ve added the type and everything correctly.

Also, sometimes the scan stalls, and then resumes later. I am also getting freezes, and in general, everything seems quite unresponsive. Nothing is overclocked yet. I’m running the newest version with april updates.

Any help is much appreciated.

Any logs are much appreciated.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. Please see How to submit a useful support request - General - OSMC for advice on how to help us.

1 Like

OK, I will get back to you with some logs when I get home. Currently, I’m suspecting the SD card.

Here is a link for the logs, notice that I did try an overclock, but this was on my second install, the problem was already apparent in the previous install I attempted: http://paste.osmc.io/ehimodetin
I see a lot of libnfs errors. Indicates some kind of trouble accessing the NFS share on the Syno NAS I guess? Weird thing is, I just come from an OpenElec install on the same pi and sd card, and I haven’t changed anything on the NAS.

Quite lkely file corruption as your database is damaged

00:01:43  15.815211 T:1957818928   ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos99.db] The database disk image is malformed
                                            Query: select count(1) from tvshow
00:01:43  15.815723 T:1957818928   ERROR: HasContent failed

hmm ok, interesting. So what would you recommend? A format and reinstall?

Best is always to try a new quality SD card unless you know another reason for the issue

OK i might try that. Did a reinstall and seems to be fine for now. Maybe a too early removal of the power caused this.