Osmc October 2020.10.1

Hey Guys,

It’s been a while but long story short, we have moved from the Uk to Australia. All are belongs have been in storage for a very long time! Anyway finally we have started unpacking and I’ve found my OSMC Box after all this time. Just plugged it in (with a adaptor)working perfect!

Now I’ve gone to update and it’s told me it’s can’t and contact the forum!

Any help please would be amazing! I’m so stoked to have up and running again!

Many Thanks

You could try updating via the terminal and see if that works…

or maybe swapping in a sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade --fix-missing if the former doesn’t work. Although, with a system that hasn’t been updated in a very long time it may be needed, or at the very least desirable, to just do a clean install. At the top of the site there is a “download” link where you can find a program to make install media which you can use to wipe your box and start fresh.

thank you of the swift reply, as you say I may need to start fresh. I will need to check the guide out as it’s been years since Ive used terminal I’m on OSX. Forgotten most things to be fair! Any aid would be amazing

Ok ive just made a bootable disk to update! Wish me luck :slight_smile:

I wish you luck……well, you did ask!

LOL :joy:
All done! SO easy!! Thank you! so need to have a play now install my HD etc! Anything I should be aware - many thanks :slight_smile:

Your going to have to pose a much more specific question than that in order to get a more directed answer than read the relevant parts of Kodi’s wiki carefully. :grin:

But, off the top of my head, I’d say stick with TMDB scrapers for both TV and movies (IMDB can be less reliable and TVDB seems to like to break their api for the lulz). Make sure your movie path isn’t nested inside your series path and vise versa. And make sure your files and folders are organized and named in some sensible matter.

In Australia? Pretty much everything, I think…