OSMC Offline

Hi everyone! I was trying to build an offline rasplex setup when i found OSMC. I’m very interested by the great UI and the opportunity to plug directly a HDD to it and remove the pc from the setup, But, i was wondering if i can preload the HDD database (movie and tv show posters) and use OSMC totally offline after.

You can scrape when you have a connection and the library will work fine offline

This is a great news and is it possible to load the database without the pie? Basically, i bought a rasberry pi 3 b to the friend who don’t have internet at home, with that he can watch movies and tv show and sometimes i come to change the drive. Am I clear, it looks a bit complicate.

You can in theory create .nfo files for everything that’s loaded there and downlowd all the art onto a usb stick and copy it over, but that would be an awful lot of work!

It would be much easier to take the Pi somewhere with internet access, hook it up and leave it for 30 minutes to scrape and then take it back.

If you are swapping out the drive he has then you can copy userdata/databases and userdata/thumbnails from a scraped install to his Pi and it should work.
Conversely you can backup a scraped install to individual files which will put thumbnails and nfo files next to the video files then you can scrape from his Pi using “local content”

So I can make the pie to pick the database from the drive, but do you have an idea of how i can ‘‘refresh’’ the database without the pie? I thought to emulate a pie on my pc and copy the new movie collection database on the new drive which i bring to my friend.