OSMC on Pi2 doesn't let TV turn off (hdmi-cec)

I have a weird problem that started a while back ago. I didn’t have this problem at first, after installing it on the Pi2. It probably happened after an upgrade.

I have my Pi2 with OSMC connected to an Onkyo receiver via HDMI, and that receiver is connected to a Samsung TV, also via HDMI.
If I turn the TV off with OSMC selected as a source, the receiver turns off, as expected, but 5 seconds later the receiver and TV turns back on. If I choose the bluray player or Chromecast as a source, then they stay off as expected.
If I manually select the Chromecast as a source, OSMC will “fight” to get back as the selected source, so I must select the Chromecast repeatedly until OSMC “gives up”.

So it seems like OSMC sends a hdmi-cec “wake up” signal every time something happens.
I have tried setting hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1 in /boot/config.txt and in the settings for “CEC Adapter” I have disabled everything apart from “enabled” (I rely on using the tv remote for navigation, so turning HDMI-CEC off is not an option.)

Suggest to do some searching on the forum. There were at least two threads talking about CEC and AVR.

It has something to do with the Chromecast. The last Update broke HDMI-CEC for many people, myself included. (see here: Google Product Forums).

@kartana Wow, that hadn’t even crossed my mind, since everything seems to work perfectly as long as the Chromecast is selected as a source. I disconnected it now, and I can actually turn my receiver off normally now.
Thank you!

1 Like

No problem. Let’s hope Google fixes this asap!