OSMC + Raspberry Pi as perfect replacement for Apple AE?

I’m considering the purchase of a Raspberry Pi as a way to seamlessly push music via Airplay. I see that OSMC supports Airplay in the ways that I would want it to (I don’t need mirroring), but my question is about the need for continued setup, or lack there off.

Feature I’m trying to emulate:
With an Airport Express (AE), once it’s setup, you can unplug it and plug it back in all over the place, with no need to interact with it. If you push music from a computer to multiple AE devices via airplay, it just starts playing.

Question:
Can OSMC + Raspberry Pi be setup in a similar way, such that interaction with the device is not required once it is initially setup? Put a different way, can it be setup such that unpluggin the device and moving it to a different room will not require user interaction?

I apologize if greater knowledge of the Raspberry Pi product and ecosystem would allow me to recognize that I just asked a stupid question. I’m absorbing as much as I can as fast as I can, but figured a direction question would give me just enough info to make the purchase decision, and then I can take it from there :smile:

Thanks!

In theory and mostly in practice that you will be able to do that. It does not need screen or keyboard attached for it to run.
There are some things that could go wrong.
Simply switching it off at the wall (pulling the plug out) /might/ lead to a file system corruption that might stop it restarting cleanly (unlikely but possible)
The place that you move it to might not have good network coverage.